Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game of Thrones [Jesus Christ Spoilers Everywhere]
(01-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Pythagean Wrote: trying to make sense of GoT timelines is a losing battle

Yeah and to be fair, those ships had Dornish and Tyrell sails, so Varys probably just lead the ships to visit Dany in a reasonable, not teleporty sort of way. I agree that it's a bit unfair to nitpick on travel times

(01-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(29-06-2016, 08:06 AM)crispier taco Wrote: Twist events that caught everyone by surprise: Doran's death, Mel being old, Roose's death, Rickon's capture(shaggydog's death), Dany getting a new army, Clegane returning, Cleganebowl being cancelled, Walder Frey's death, the Sept of Baelor explosion.
All these twists were dumb.
Disagree about Clegane Returning and the Sept of Baelor (you're right about the others), maybe is was just because I really like Rory Mccann and Ian McShane was good. I honestly thought that the Sept of Baelor explosion was one of the finest moments of this season (and the whole series actually), the tension, amazing music, acting and the shock of what just happened to half of the cast really makes it stand out for me.
I was extremely excited episode 7 when they brought back Sandor, he is a great character. The seeming confirmation of Cleganebowl was super thrilling too. But Sandor's story felt like the start of a poorly made sequel to an action movie, and then they just got bored of it, I dunno.

The vibes from the Sept of Baelor explosion was a great time, but after so much time invested in the tyrell and sparrow plots and agendas, it was kinda sad to see all those characters literally erased in a flash.

I think it's superficially like the Red Wedding in regards to shock value, but now we'll just see the Tyrells rolled into the Dany invasion. Olenna can wisecrack with Tyrion, so no more need for cringe scenes with Tyrion, Missandei and Grey Worm? Not sure if that's a shame or not.

(01-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Pythagean Wrote: While I'm absolutely still annoyed at Sansa for "not trusing Jon" with the information about Littlefingers army, and yes the Ride of the Rohirrim style ending was the most obvious and predictable ending. From a technical standpoint the battle was incredible, to see something on that scale on a tv show is great.
Yeah it seems like the writers sacrificed Sansa's logic to make for a better fight. Gorgeous though, such brilliant viewing.