Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of Empires II HD - Multiplayer
Hey so I celebrated my last exam (for ever?) last night with wine and a couple of games of age of empires 2.
Verses a guy who is on this forum but I can't remember his alias, this sort of stuff is just so hard sometimes...

anyway, it was great fun, in particular because there was lots of early harassing, fun strategies and a requirement for economic prowess, as opposed to our usual 4 hour fuck around. I'm a big fan of a pop cap of <200 personally, the huge armies lose their novelty fairly quick.

[Image: gMwqQ9Z.png]
Fig1: The salient statistics collected providing a concise evaluation of the first conflict (p<0.0:/ )
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
(30-10-2014, 01:22 PM)fresher taco Wrote: Hey so I celebrated my last exam (for ever?) last night with wine and a couple of games of age of empires 2.
Verses a guy who is on this forum but I can't remember his alias, this sort of stuff is just so hard sometimes...

anyway, it was great fun, in particular because there was lots of early harassing, fun strategies and a requirement for economic prowess, as opposed to our usual 4 hour fuck around. I'm a big fan of a pop cap of <200 personally, the huge armies lose their novelty fairly quick.

[Image: gMwqQ9Z.png]
Fig1: The salient statistics collected providing a concise evaluation of the first conflict (p<0.0:/ )

Really the last exam ever?

And the guy is from this forum? Cause that's one batshit crazy Steam name in the screenshot.

Who won?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
His steam name is japanese characters but aoe2 was not having a bar of that. He hasn't got his name up on your table thing...

I feel like there's a tacit anonymity with these things, is that why we choose funny names? I won the first game, but only after fending off a lot of harassment, he won the second, I was never able to truly repel his first raid and the rest of the game was my slow, poorly managed decline.

Would be keen for some casual us vs bots sometime soon if you're in the mood~
(30-10-2014, 01:56 PM)fresher taco Wrote: His steam name is japanese characters but aoe2 was not having a bar of that. He hasn't got his name up on your table thing...

I feel like there's a tacit anonymity with these things, is that why we choose funny names? I won the first game, but only after fending off a lot of harassment, he won the second, I was never able to truly repel his first raid and the rest of the game was my slow, poorly managed decline.

Would be keen for some casual us vs bots sometime soon if you're in the mood~

I am I am. Either tonight or tomorrow or the weekend.
Game today?
sounds good to me, are you free right now?
Hey guys, been getting into AOE2 lately after a long sabbatical, keen to play some games on Steam at some point, and maybe recruit some more people for something epic like 3v3 or 4v4.

Don't check the forum much which is why I hadn't seen this thread previously!

Steam ID is also Shobblez

:)
(07-11-2014, 11:55 AM)Shobblez Wrote: ...keen to play some games on Steam at some point...

Keen, we have a wide range of talents here (from okay to pretty shit) so I suppose games will be pretty causal, but I'm sure it'll be a good time
I'm not hardcore or anything, I just enjoy it :)

Also, if you vsed a guy with Japanese characters from the forum on AOE2, it could've been Kalin Soden?
(07-11-2014, 01:59 PM)Shobblez Wrote: I'm not hardcore or anything, I just enjoy it :)

Ditto. I used to have some serious skill back in the day when I remembered everything about it. I hope im still as good at Age of Mythology when I decide to pick it up again.