Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freedom Wars

So probably the biggest title for Vita this year came out last week. It's called Freedom Wars and is really fun.

Anyone else here have it or plan to get it?

Basically you are a prisoner or 'sinner' born with a one million year prison sentence. The world is running outta resources, so every useless person born who adds to the over population is slammed with a one million year sentence to server their Panopticon (which is like a safe haven within your country that's operated like its Big Brother).

So the game plays similar to Monster Hunter, Soul Sacrifice, God Eater etc. in that you fight giant monsters (in this case called Abductors) with a variety of weapons from swords to guns. You also have a thorn wrapped around your arm which adds a similar mechanic like Just Cause 2.

However it's much more than just killing giant monsters, there are loads of different game types and things to do.

Right now New Zealand is coming 39th out of however many countries around the world (Japan excluded for now).

It's pretty good considering there have only been like 130 sign up for the NZ Panopticon. 130 is probably the total number of Vita owners in NZ too.

Graphics are nice too, and im loving the weapons:

The fun thing about fight abductors is you can cut off their limbs:

You can dock their arms, legs, hands, and any weapons like missile pods they might have attached to their body.

You spend alot of time in your jail cell where you can craft weapons and take on all your missions:

All in all, this is fast becoming my favorite game. Any chance we have any players here?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Have heard quite a few good things about it (mostly from you).

Looks like cool gameplay, a cross between Monster Hunter/Just Cause kind of stuff. Seems to be a large amount of customization for characters available as well, which is always nice.

I'll pick it up at some point

Ah man I have been playing so much of this game lately, I have many screenshots to come.

Also with SilentSun I plan to start compiling a list of information for this game as there is not alot out there.

Posting some screenshots from playing with AdminGG (Grey) the other night

Bitch im on a hoverbooooard. Also my character looks sweet. Hansom devil.

(09-11-2014, 02:00 PM)AdminGG Wrote:

So probably the biggest title for Vita this year came out last week. It's called Freedom Wars and is really fun.

Anyone else here have it or plan to get it?

Basically you are a prisoner or 'sinner' born with a one million year prison sentence. The world is running outta resources, so every useless person born who adds to the over population is slammed with a one million year sentence to server their Panopticon (which is like a safe haven within your country that's operated like its Big Brother).

So the game plays similar to Monster Hunter, Soul Sacrifice, God Eater etc. in that you fight giant monsters (in this case called Abductors) with a variety of weapons from swords to guns. You also have a thorn wrapped around your arm which adds a similar mechanic like Just Cause 2.

However it's much more than just killing giant monsters, there are loads of different game types and things to do.

Right now New Zealand is coming 39th out of however many countries around the world (Japan excluded for now).

It's pretty good considering there have only been like 130 sign up for the NZ Panopticon. 130 is probably the total number of Vita owners in NZ too.

Graphics are nice too, and im loving the weapons:

The fun thing about fight abductors is you can cut off their limbs:

You can dock their arms, legs, hands, and any weapons like missile pods they might have attached to their body.

You spend alot of time in your jail cell where you can craft weapons and take on all your missions:

All in all, this is fast becoming my favorite game. Any chance we have any players here?

I had Freedom Wars, and I really wouldn't mind downloading it again. The reason I deleted Freedom Wars because I was so stumped on Peltatum, or whatever it's called, I haven't played it in a while. I forgot to upload my data to the cloud using PS Plus, (I had it on manual upload), which was a huge mistake. I was on Code 7, I believe. I, then, downloaded it again to give it another shot, I had to restart the whole game. I just quit and stopped playing. I'm down to download it again and play with you guys.
 Magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon Magic-left-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

(24-12-2015, 11:52 AM)TrueAssassin Wrote: I had Freedom Wars, and I really wouldn't mind downloading it again. The reason I deleted Freedom Wars because I was so stumped on Peltatum, or whatever it's called, I haven't played it in a while. I forgot to upload my data to the cloud using PS Plus, (I had it on manual upload), which was a huge mistake. I was on Code 7, I believe. I, then, downloaded it again to give it another shot, I had to restart the whole game. I just quit and stopped playing. I'm down to download it again and play with you guys.

Dam that sucks man. Luck you can coop all the Code missions so get it again and we can help.

(24-12-2015, 12:30 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(24-12-2015, 11:52 AM)TrueAssassin Wrote: I had Freedom Wars, and I really wouldn't mind downloading it again. The reason I deleted Freedom Wars because I was so stumped on Peltatum, or whatever it's called, I haven't played it in a while. I forgot to upload my data to the cloud using PS Plus, (I had it on manual upload), which was a huge mistake. I was on Code 7, I believe. I, then, downloaded it again to give it another shot, I had to restart the whole game. I just quit and stopped playing. I'm down to download it again and play with you guys.

Dam that sucks man. Luck you can coop all the Code missions so get it again and we can help.

Yeah, well, thanks for the help, man. I really appreciate it. I'm pretty mad about it because I was really immersed into the game at around over maybe 30 hours, and I loved it. I mean I'm over it now, but I still regret not putting it on automatic update.
 Magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon Magic-left-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

Few more screenshots I just grabbed off my Vita:

Niiice. We need to play again.