Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jargonion's Deus Ex Tutorial MEGA THREAD

Welcome, everybody, to my new series

Over the course of a few weeks, I hope to bring you a fairly comprehensive series of videos, playing through the original Deus Ex game.

These videos are fairly shitty, and by no means are the be-all-end-all of how to play the game. The videos do, however, offer advice on how to get past tricky segments of the game, or give just a general guideline on how to achieve certain objectives while getting a huge amount of XP and loot along the way.

Because there can only be 10 videos per post, I'll make a...

Table of Contents:

This post is Part 1

Important things to note (these are addressed in the first video):

• The first two videos are extremely commentary-heavy. This is because they are the most tutorialish of the videos. As such, I explain a lot. Future videos will have much less commentary.
  • The playthrough is NOT stealth orientated. I will be unable to provide any tips for people who want to stealth the game.
  • It's a terrible habit, but I do quick save/load quite often. This should stop after the second video. I min/max somewhat on the first mission, which leads me to reload certain kills to be more ammo-efficient. After Liberty Island, however, this habit becomes significantly less pronounced.

I know I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember what. So, I'll continually edit this post to keep the details update.

VIDEOS:
Video 1: Character Creation.

In this video, I briefly chat about the skills you can chose from when you create your character, and go over a few basic mechanics of the game. No game play.

In this video, I complete the first mission of the game. I also explain the multi-tool/lock-pick bug, and show you how to by-pass the entire first mission.

Edit: Holy shit. I'm so sorry about the weird heavy-breathing. I don't know why it came across like that. It shouldn't feature in future videos.

This IS the last video in which I babble like a moron. I promise.

In this video I complete the second mission, including the secondary mission.

In this video, I explore Hell's Kitchen. We find our first augmentation upgrade canister, find smuggler, rescue Ford Schick, and defuse the hostage situation in the 'ton hotel.

I also (poorly) demonstrate grenade climbing, and the grenade surfing bug.

In this video, I explore the NSF warehouse, and finally complete my main objective.

I also babble like an idiot and die ten thousand times.

To be continued in a new post, since I'm limited to 10 videos per post.

Nice thread and clean layout. Watched half your video already, you're nice and clear man.

I need to play this game some more, and if I do ill be using these videos.

(05-08-2014, 07:28 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote: Nice thread and clean layout. Watched half your video already, you're nice and clear man.

I need to play this game some more, and if I do ill be using these videos.

Thank you very much. I'll warn you now, the next video's a lot more annoying. It's also 40 minutes long, so it's uploading as we speak.

But, once again, thank you very much for your feedback. And, if you're only half-way through, I'm sorry I end up repeating the same shit over and over again in the last 5 minutes.

Nice second vid man. Will make the time to watch the whole thing.

What are you using to record and capture video?

I'm using OBS now that they've fixed their issues with DE.

I'm using a shitty, generic Logitech headset to record the audio, hence the hissing.

I'm working on fixing it.

Sweet. Nice new videos. I really do plan to do a playthrough shortly using these vids. Also nice you got 720p HD going on with the latest ones.

All episodes are recorded and edited (where absolutely needed).

I'll be spending the weekend uploading them all.

Welcome, everybody, to my new series ... (PART 2)

Over the course of a few weeks, I hope to bring you a fairly comprehensive series of videos, playing through the original Deus Ex game.

These videos are fairly shitty, and by no means are the be-all-end-all of how to play the game. The videos do, however, offer advice on how to get past tricky segments of the game, or give just a general guideline on how to achieve certain objectives while getting a huge amount of XP and loot along the way.

Welcome, everybody, to my new series ... (PART 3)

Welcome, everybody, to my new series ... (PART 4)