Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
What are you listening to right now?

Feel Good Drag by Anberlin. Patpat-dance-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

The vocalist of Deli Creeps, Maximum Bob, usually gives the impression of a deranged and perverted murderer, listening to him is captivatingly sickening. Buckethead was in this band too and is given enough free space to shine. There are other band members and I am sure their contributions were worthwhile but I only ever seem to manage to remember up to two members of a band. Here Maximum Bob does not sound like psychopath and yet it is a pretty good song imho.

At first I thought this was a somewhat average track. I found myself skipping it all the time.

Then I looked up what a villanelle is (It's not a female villain!), and it instantly jumped right up the ranks for me. What a great track.

If you don't know what a villanelle is, listen to this track, look it up, then listen to it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrucaRGTY_w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsoUIBcl7iw
Just stumbled on this Rubinstein version , enjoying the first presto so much more than the Zimerman or Lang Lang versions though Zimerman is still boss. need to listen more...

Dir En Grey has a new single out: 詩踏み, “UTAFUMI” which google translates to "stepping poetry" if I put in a spacebar between "詩" and "踏み". Which is a title I can get behind as totally as their Japanese lyrics, which I also do not really ever try to understand.

The lead Kyo has a neat new look. Shinya is gorgeous as ever. The track itself is not convincing, but I'd be really excited for the next album to be a better polished set along this vein. and Dir En Grey never really ever dissapoints

Post Rock band Russian Circles will release their newest album Guidance, on the 5th of August next month
how about you check out some sample tracks on Bandcamp ae