Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Admin GG's Multiplayer Mondays Thread
Welcome to Admin GG's Multiplayer Mondays Thread
The dedicated discussion thread of all Multiplayer Monday happenings

WTF is Multiplayer Mondays?
Glad you asked! Multiplayer Mondays is a fortnightly game night I host with a bunch of my friends.
In honor of KindaFunnyGames

So whats the point?

To play mostly multilayer/couch coop games with friends for laugh. We talk a lot of shit so language warning.
Occasionally we'll mix it up with card games like Munchkin.

Ok so when is it?
Every second Monday from now on! Videos will be uploaded after the session and appear in the thread later that Monday night or the next day. Occasionally we will stream a session on Twitch. I'll post in the thread before hand if that's to be the case.

Can I join?
Yeah sure. If we are going to play an online game then I'll post in this thread before we start.

So it's just to watch you play some stupid games?
Pretty dam much. I promise nothing but it may be entertaining.

First Session: Monday 23rd March 2015

What we played:
Towerfall Ascension
HellDivers

Towerfall Ascension madness:

HellDivers parts 1 and 2

HellDivers is easily my favourite game at the moment. Easily the best coop shooter to come out in awhile. Best with 3 other friends!
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I've been wanting to play both those games, they look like great fun. Good videos too, but the first one was a bit difficult to hear what everyone was saying. Maybe turn the game volume down next time? It was much better in by the last video though.

Looking forward to more!
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
(31-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Selegraphon Wrote: I've been wanting to play both those games, they look like great fun. Good videos too, but the first one was a bit difficult to hear what everyone was saying. Maybe turn the game volume down next time? It was much better in by the last video though.

Looking forward to more!

Yup we are still trying out different configurations of mics and volume levels. Might look at buying a microphone that we can hook up to the PS4 and then just put on a table. 

(It would help if a certain someone didn't have such a loud voice  Pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon )
(31-03-2015, 07:14 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(31-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Selegraphon Wrote: I've been wanting to play both those games, they look like great fun. Good videos too, but the first one was a bit difficult to hear what everyone was saying. Maybe turn the game volume down next time? It was much better in by the last video though.

Looking forward to more!

Yup we are still trying out different configurations of mics and volume levels. Might look at buying a microphone that we can hook up to the PS4 and then just put on a table. 

(It would help if a certain someone didn't have such a loud voice  Pheew-crazy-rabbit-emoticon )

I'M PASSIONATE ABOUT WHAT I DO.

Was a good night though, we did actually end up playing some Spelunky too but that was a heartbreaking run.
Second Session: Monday 7th April 2015

This week we chilled with a bit of HellDivers and Spelunky. But mainly Spelunky.

We had a good Deathmatch session:

And even a Hell run which ended terribly (sorry the video cuts out before it all goes to shit).

We plan to play Killzone Mercenary next time as it's a free PS+ game this month.
Third Session: Monday 27th April 2015

Due to being absent last week, Multiplayer Mondays was moved to this week.

This week however we were back in full swing. But sorry no videos this week. My computer is hella slooooow these days and can't seem to handle full screen FRAPS.

What we played:

Some table top this week!

I recently got a new card game: Pixel Glory.

Almost similar to Munchkin in that you defeat monsters together, but you are in it for your own personal gain.

Split into two phases: Town and Dungeon. It is quite a fun game for up to 4 players. Each player drafts their own deck full of spells in the Town phase, and then in the Dungeon phase you  use your deck to kill monsters. Each monster killed rewards you with fame. The player with the most fame at the end of the game wins. Games last between 30 and 40min.

Only had a couple of games, and is fun so far. Not sure how strategic it gets however..

Samurai Gunn
http://maxistentialism.com/samuraigunn/

[Image: header.jpg]

Samurai Gunn is a really fun 4 player arena death match game. You have an instant kill sword, and 3 bullets. Fast paced action makes this an awesome local couch game. Next time we play I will grab some footage. I should be coming to PS4/3/Vita at some point.

[Image: 2530071-4045396482-samur.png]

We played a decent number of sessions before moving on.

Gang Beasts
http://gangbeasts.com/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/285900/

Another 4 player party game. Awesome 3D brawler with questionable physics. Characters play and feel like they are drunk. You control each hand separately to throw punches. Good fun is Gang Beasts.

Couldn't grab footage cause my laptop would shit the bed.

Should be coming to consoles soon too.

And that wraps up this weeks games!
Pixel Glory
Only played one game so was still getting the hang of the rules by the time the game ended. Will definitely be more enjoyable with 4 people who have played before so there isn't as much waiting around. Cool concept though, will have to play a few more times before I give my full opinion.

Samurai Gunn
Awesome fun as always. Buggy as hell as always, hopefully the newer version has fixed some of the issues.

Gang Beasts
Didn't play last night, but have played a lot before. Very very fun game to play against people in the same room. Looking forward to playing the updated version sometime.
Fourth Session: Monday 11th May 2015

And we are back (late post I know). Had a smaller session last night and only played a game of Munchkin.

I recently got a new variant of Munchkin called Legends:

[Image: cover2_lg.jpg]

[Image: MunchkinLegendsIN.jpg]

It's not very different from classic Munchkin, except that it's mythology themed rather than fantasy.

We only had one game with 4 players. Ultimately we had a joint victory between myself and Pythagean. I might record a session next time for anyone interested in watching us scream and yell at each other while trying to play.

Next fornight I wish to play some Killzone Mercenary with at least 4 players.
I was only recently(ish) introduced to Munchkin by Lazy Dave The Monstrosity, silentsun, and Custard before a Biffy Clyro concert. It was just us four, and I wasn't very good, but it was a load of fun!

A couple of questions: How often do they do expansion sets? And can you add them all together to make one big super pack??
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
(12-05-2015, 09:23 PM)Selegraphon Wrote: I was only recently(ish) introduced to Munchkin by Lazy Dave The Monstrosity, silentsun, and Custard before a Biffy Clyro concert. It was just us four, and I wasn't very good, but it was a load of fun!

A couple of questions: How often do they do expansion sets? And can you add them all together to make one big super pack??

I don't know how often they add expansion sets or other themed base decks, but going by the amount of them I can guess it's quite often. They are listed here: Link

As far as I understand it you can add the expansion sets to a base deck (for example one expansion might add mounts, while another will add dungeons or another class etc.). So you can keep adding expansions onto the base deck until you have a mountain of cards. Then they release themed base decks, which function like the standard game and you can play them by themselves (each one with a theme such as Munchkin Zombies, Munchkin Apocolypse or Munchkin Pathfinder).

All in all it's a very fun game to play with around 4 people,