Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Admin GG's Multiplayer Mondays Thread
(12-05-2015, 09:23 PM)Selegraphon Wrote: I was only recently(ish) introduced to Munchkin by Lazy Dave The Monstrosity, silentsun, and Custard before a Biffy Clyro concert. It was just us four, and I wasn't very good, but it was a load of fun!

A couple of questions: How often do they do expansion sets?

Yeah they release many different variants of the game quite often. The newest ones are Munchkin Steampunk and Munchkin Gloom which are due to release this year. Each variant or base set usually has 2-3 expansions. Plus there are booster card packs etc. Quite a franchise it is.

I have the original Fantasy Muchkin with about 90% of its expansions. I also have Munchkin Pathfinder, and most recently Munchkin Legends.

Selegraphon Wrote:And can you add them all together to make one big super pack??

That's the best part! If you want to have one giant fucked up game you just mix them all together regardless of expansion and base game! All the cards are designed to work together which is great.

It's good to play with at least 4 people but best to play with about 8 or even more (depending on how many bases decks/expansions you have).
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(13-05-2015, 09:36 AM)AdminGG Wrote: It's good to play with at least 4 people but best to play with about 8 or even more (depending on how many bases decks/expansions you have).

Respectfully disagree, I'd much rather play a game with 4-5 players, maximum of 6 imo.

Too many players in a game like this means that there is a lot of sitting around while everyone else has their turns. And compared to other games there is very little to do when waiting for your turn.
(13-05-2015, 09:49 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 09:36 AM)AdminGG Wrote: It's good to play with at least 4 people but best to play with about 8 or even more (depending on how many bases decks/expansions you have).

Respectfully disagree, I'd much rather play a game with 4-5 players, maximum of 6 imo.

Too many players in a game like this means that there is a lot of sitting around while everyone else has their turns. And compared to other games there is very little to do when waiting for your turn.

Depends on who you are playing with. Best games I have had were about 7-8 people. In between turns was constant trading, cursing, fucking with battles, and joining battles. In one of my first games with Silent Sun and co. 6 people got roped into a fight then died due to other people screwing em over. Good times.

All depends on the people you play with though, and whether they are conservative, or play to fuck over.
(13-05-2015, 09:55 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Depends on who you are playing with. Best games I have had were about 7-8 people. In between turns was constant trading, cursing, fucking with battles, and joining battles. In one of my first games with Silent Sun and co. 6 people got roped into a fight then died due to other people screwing em over. Good times.

Yeah I suppose, although was reading the rules yesterday and found some interesting ones:
  • "You can't switch Items during combat. In other words, you can't chose to wear a different Headgear or different Armor once combat has started."
  • "Theft doesn't work while you are in combat."
  • "Only one player can help you, adding his combat strength to yours"
(13-05-2015, 10:08 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 09:55 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Depends on who you are playing with. Best games I have had were about 7-8 people. In between turns was constant trading, cursing, fucking with battles, and joining battles. In one of my first games with Silent Sun and co. 6 people got roped into a fight then died due to other people screwing em over. Good times.

Yeah I suppose, although was reading the rules yesterday and found some interesting ones:
  • "You can't switch Items during combat. In other words, you can't chose to wear a different Headgear or different Armor once combat has started."
  • "Theft doesn't work while you are in combat."
  • "Only one player can help you, adding his combat strength to yours"
  • Yeah we know the first one, and no one does that.
  • It's also not 'Thief doesn't work in combat' but you can't steal while in combat. Difference. So someone who is a thief can still steal from you.
  • You appear to be right here, but they do encourage you to mix up the rules. I've been playing under this assuption since I've been playing with Silent Sun, I'll continue becauses its more fun this way.
Q. Can a Thief steal something while he is in combat?
A. No. He's preoccupied.

Q. Can a Thief steal from someone else while THEY are in combat?
A. No. They're preoccupied.

Interesting, I don't care how if we keep playing as we have been. Might stop Regan from constantly stealing shit
(13-05-2015, 10:48 AM)Pythagean Wrote: Q. Can a Thief steal from someone else while THEY are in combat?

Interesting, I don't care how if we keep playing as we have been. Might stop Regan from constantly stealing shit

Where is that from? Cause it doesn't say that on the Thief card or the rule book. That would now be for the best though.
(13-05-2015, 10:57 AM)AdminGG Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 10:48 AM)Pythagean Wrote: Q. Can a Thief steal from someone else while THEY are in combat?

Where is that from? Cause it doesn't say that on the Thief card or the rule book. That would now be for the best though.

Munchkin FAQ

(Just search for 'Thief' and it's like the 3rd occurrence)
(13-05-2015, 11:00 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(13-05-2015, 10:57 AM)AdminGG Wrote:

Munchkin FAQ

(Just search for 'Thief' and it's like the 3rd occurrence)

Well there we go then. Looks like something they had to clarify and you'd only go looking for if there was a dispute during a game.

Also the very top of that FAQ says:
Q. The rules say one thing. This card says another. What do I do?
A. As with most card games, the whole point of many of the cards is to bend the rules. So cards override rules.

So technically, Thief can thief whenever if you allow it.

They only thing we may revise in future games is the combat helping thing. Take a vote before game on whether 1 or more people can help in combat.
(13-05-2015, 11:05 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Also the very top of that FAQ says:
Q. The rules say one thing. This card says another. What do I do?
A. As with most card games, the whole point of many of the cards is to bend the rules. So cards override rules.

So technically, Thief can thief whenever if you allow it.

It's not really a specific card bending the rules, it's an entire class which has abilities that can be used in every round.

I would argue that since they felt the need to include it in the FAQ multiple times (Elsewhere: "So the thief can't steal while he is in combat, nor can he steal from someone during their combat."). It means they clearly intend for the thief ability to not be over-utilized while screwing players over in combat. (But as you said, they encourage changing the rules). I would vote for using this rule though.

(13-05-2015, 11:05 AM)AdminGG Wrote: They only thing we may revise in future games is the combat helping thing. Take a vote before game on whether 1 or more people can help in combat.

Yeah can give it a go next time, if everyone likes multiple people helping in combat then we can keep it.