Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Admin GG's Multiplayer Mondays Thread
(09-07-2015, 03:10 PM)Selegraphon Wrote: This looked like a fun sesh. When is it coming to PC?!

Probably not man, Sony owned, funded, and published.

I honestly wish It would though so I could play with your guys.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(09-07-2015, 03:20 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 03:10 PM)Selegraphon Wrote: This looked like a fun sesh. When is it coming to PC?!

Probably not man, Sony owned, funded, and published.

I honestly wish It would though so I could play with your guys.

Ah. I was hoping that wasn't the case.
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
So when is the next Helldivers multiplayer session? I would love to play with you guys.
 Magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon Magic-left-crazy-rabbit-emoticon
(25-07-2015, 09:00 AM)TrueAssassin Wrote: So when is the next Helldivers multiplayer session? I would love to play with you guys.

We may be on around 8 or 9pm NZT tonight, will make sure to send you an invite if we are playing
(25-07-2015, 09:00 AM)TrueAssassin Wrote: So when is the next Helldivers multiplayer session? I would love to play with you guys.

Hey dude. The next planned session will definitely be Monday 27th around 7pm NZT.

But we will be playing tonight too, whenever you see me on just hit me up with a message and join up! Always keen for players.
Sixth Session: Monday 27th July 2015

Holy crap what a lame MM. We started with Rocket League and lost like 8 games in a row. Then we played Helldivers and lost a shit load to bosses. Finally we did some Spelunky which was probably the worst way to end the night given the losing streak. And holy shit yes it was. What a miserable run.

Fuck it, no screenshots this week. Shit was lame.
It all falls apart when I'm not there
I actually had a session last night with Selegraphon! We 1v1 Rocket League for the best of 3. I won the last one only, but they were good matches.

I have the footage! Forgot to upload it last night though, so will today.

Stay tuned though, I have some new table top card games I want to play with friends and will cover them here!
Seventh Session: Monday 28th September 2015

So I've had a few sessions every so often, but most weren't all that much so I haven't documented them. Also I keep forgetting to post the videos of me smoking Selegraphon at Rocket League.

I think this has moved from every  weeks, to just whenever I'm free and got the people for it.

Anyway, did have a decent session this Monday, and we played a tabletop game.

This week we played:

[Image: 14a1_boss_monster_dungeon_building_card_game.jpg]

Boss Monster got my attention about a month ago when I saw it online then did some reading into it. Basically you play as 1 of 8 bosses in a 1-4 player game where you build dungeons to lure heroes to their deaths and rack up souls.

The aim of the game is to be the first boss to amass 10 souls and win the game. By dragging heroes through your custom built dungeons, your aim is to kill them so you can collect their souls. If they make it through however, they deal HP damage to you and when you take 5HP worth of damage your boss dies.

So it's first to 10 souls, or last alive to win the game.

Players take turns building dungeons in the build phase. You can only build one dungeon per turn, with a maximum of 5 dungeons in play. However you can upgrade dungeons and replace any dungeon on your turn. So eventually (and as we learned on your first playthrough) you end up designing your dungeon as you like in order to kill heroes as effectively as possible.

[Image: OROlfDg.jpg]

As you can see above, your dungeons are built to the left of your boss (Robobo). All dungeons have a damage value, and as heroes wander through them they take that damage.

Once build phase is over, the lure phase begins. In this phase 4 heroes appear in town and you must lure them into you dungeon. This is down by treasure values. Each dungeon has a treasure value, for example fighter treasure. If you have the most fighters treasures in your dungeons than everyone else, then you lure the fighter into your dungeon (if one was drawn from the deck).

[Image: i6thIbH.jpg]

Heroes sit in the middle of the playing field so you can all see them. If players a tied for treasure values then they stay in town and stack up for the nest turn. If you have the highest whatever value of treasure though, you lure the appropriate hero if there is one. This can work both to your advantage and disadvantage, as we found out that if you haven't built your dungeon well enough, you can lure heroes you can't defeat yet.

But basically build your shit right, and try lure the heroes you can kill.

[Image: 4snk732.jpg]

The strategy of course is to lure and kill heroes successfully while stopping other bosses from doing so. The main risk is not just taking damage from heroes, but the threat of other bosses. It's like Munchkin in the way that your aim is to really screw over other bosses while benefiting yourself.

There is also a spell deck and various boss and room abilities allow you to draw from this deck so you can screw over other players. Some things we encountered were making other players dungeons cave in (essentially destroying rooms), and bringing heroes they have killed back from the dead as stronger undead heroes to deal with on their next turn.

[Image: qz4BYuI.jpg]

The game got progressively more fun as we kept playing on. And the first session took about 45-50 minutes. Our winner as Telekus who rocked the Lich King boss and made a dungeon based on luring mages and clerics to their deaths:

[Image: BaLaRW4.jpg]

Under his boss on the right is all the souls he amassed from killing heroes. Once you are out cards in the hero deck, you bust out the epic heroes that have abilities and way higher health. He actually manged to kill one which lead to his victory.

Overall its a pretty amusing game. We'll have to have a few more games for sure. The creators actually make a expansion/sequel to this game called Boss Monster 2: the next level. They made it as a stand alone expansion and new game that addresses criticisms about their first game while adding new bosses, heroes, and game mechanics. So when we have had a few more games of the first, we'll try the second as that will potentially be even better.
Gonna have to try that one out next time I'm back. Also another round or two of Munchkin wouldn't go amiss.
[Image: Ralius18.png][Image: 76561198027434228.png]