Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sony has sold over 5.3 million PlayStation 4 consoles worldwide

Quote:İmage

After the most recent NPD figures showed strong US sales for the PlayStation 4 in January, Sony has provided an update on the console's worldwide performance since it launched in November. Over 5.3 million PS4 systems have been sold through around the world as of February 8th, ahead of its release this Saturday in Sony's home territory of Japan. The company had previously forecast sales of five million units in the financial year ending March 2014.

The last sales figures released by Microsoft indicated that 3.9 million Xbox One consoles had been sold to retail channels worldwide as of January 23rd. Sony managed to sell "nearly double" the number of systems last month in the US, Microsoft's traditional stronghold.

Nintendo, meanwhile, has sold 5.83 million Wii U consoles to date over a year since its release date, meaning Sony's system is moving units at more than four times the pace. While the Japanese PS4 launch should give Sony a further sales boost, March 11th sees the release of Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall on Xbox One, perhaps the most anticipated next-generation title to date.

Wii U units to date (13 months): 5.8 mill SHIPPED (including shipped)
Xbone units to date (<3 months): 3.8 mill (including shipped)
PS4 units to date (<3 months): 5.3 mill SOLD

Sauce

Amazing stuff, really trying to hold on getting one. But with the release of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes next month, I am not sure if I can.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Wow that's awesome! I really want a PlayStation 4 but we can't buy one because they cost too much. I think I am stuck with a PlayStation 2 forever. :P

(25-08-2015, 12:54 PM)Allenafaith Wrote: Wow that's awesome! I really want a PlayStation 4 but we can't buy one because they cost too much. I think I am stuck with a PlayStation 2 forever. :P

Haha, nothing wrong a good old PS2. I actually just had mine out a few weeks ago to play Guitar Hero

(25-08-2015, 12:54 PM)Allenafaith Wrote: Wow that's awesome! I really want a PlayStation 4 but we can't buy one because they cost too much. I think I am stuck with a PlayStation 2 forever. :P

PS2's are still good enough :P

This is old news now however. They have sold 25 million to date now.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

The PlayStation 2 is straight up one of the best consoles ever released. I would pick PS2 over a PS3 any day of the week. Maybe even over a PS4.