Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New DOOM beta announced

About fucking time. Nowhere as anticipated as the next Half Life, but it's always been something that's stayed in the back of my mind and has been stuck in development for far too long.

>Bethesda

No thanks.

ooh very interesting :D I'm willing to overlook Bethesda's involvement, I personally don't have a problem with them.
Why is is called common sense if it's so rare?
Look, arty stuff~

I just want a new DOOM game man. I want it so bad.

I haven't played any Doom game properly since Doom 3. Interesting to see how this goes.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

(21-02-2014, 01:18 PM)Kesh on Hend Wrote: >Bethesda

No thanks.
As I recall ID Software are still developing despite being owned by Bethesda. But that said they haven't really done all that much noteworthy in the past few years.

Bump from the dead. I got into the closed Beta. The gameplay is fun. I'm really bad at it but I like it. I don't know how long it'll hold interest for though.

(03-04-2016, 12:30 PM)GuyGo Wrote: Bump from the dead. I got into the closed Beta. The gameplay is fun. I'm really bad at it but I like it. I don't know how long it'll hold interest for though.

Nice. Are closed beta participants randomly selected, or are they mostly aiming for streamers and the like? Tell us more on your first impressions

(05-04-2016, 04:33 PM)crispier taco Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 12:30 PM)GuyGo Wrote: Bump from the dead. I got into the closed Beta. The gameplay is fun. I'm really bad at it but I like it. I don't know how long it'll hold interest for though.

Nice. Are closed beta participants randomly selected, or are they mostly aiming for streamers and the like? Tell us more on your first impressions

I got it by preordering it, EB games sent me the code and so I got in. The other way to get in was to have gotten Wolfenstein when it first came out.

The game looks pretty nice, but everything is quite fast so it's hard to keep track of what things look like. Really my only gripe is the two maps we played were pretty boring, and didn't have anything good to show.

Gunplay was great. Some weapons have a zoom in mechanic like one would expect but most actually have a secondary fire that proves useful. The weapons are balanced which I hope is different to the campaign, I don't want my plasma rifle to be the same as my assault rifle in terms of usefulness.

Also, no reloads. It's like the original doom where nothing has a magazine. You can run out of ammo quite easily though so you have to keep moving and find ammo and health pick-ups.

Powerups are in there too, I used the haste, and the demon rune, but missed out on using the quad damage, and gause cannon pickup.

It's fun. Better than I expected, but the maps need work, they really take some time to get used to.

Yeah I have a couple friends that got into the Beta on PS4. They reckon its good fun, and seems to retain the classic Doom feel.

Those melee take downs are brutal though.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps