Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age of Mythology - Extended Edition
(19-11-2015, 09:25 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Quality chat moment there

I don't even understand the context. Who's 'they' and where is the tortoise.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(19-11-2015, 09:34 AM)AdminGG Wrote:
(19-11-2015, 09:25 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Quality chat moment there

Who's down for some AoM tonight?
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
(26-11-2015, 02:27 PM)fresher taco Wrote:

I wish! At work till 9pm. Although can be free for a short game after maybe. Depends on how I feel.
(26-11-2015, 02:56 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(26-11-2015, 02:27 PM)fresher taco Wrote:

I wish! At work till 9pm. Although can be free for a short game after maybe. Depends on how I feel.

It's alright I drank a bottle of wine and played some Crusader Kings II instead.

Have you seen the stuff for the new AoM civ coming out? A Chinese civ from the looks of it. It got me kinda excited so I started mucking around with the AoM editor. Then the game crashed and it told me that the AoM servers were too busy to handle my request. I don't even understand how the servers get involved.
(27-11-2015, 11:48 AM)fresher taco Wrote:
(26-11-2015, 02:56 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(26-11-2015, 02:27 PM)fresher taco Wrote:

It's alright I drank a bottle of wine and played some Crusader Kings II instead.

Have you seen the stuff for the new AoM civ coming out? A Chinese civ from the looks of it. It got me kinda excited so I started mucking around with the AoM editor. Then the game crashed and it told me that the AoM servers were too busy to handle my request. I don't even understand how the servers get involved.

Maybe Steam auto saving and such? Or data stealing spies?
(27-11-2015, 12:02 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(27-11-2015, 11:48 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Have you seen the stuff for the new AoM civ coming out? A Chinese civ from the looks of it. It got me kinda excited so I started mucking around with the AoM editor. Then the game crashed and it told me that the AoM servers were too busy to handle my request. I don't even understand how the servers get involved.

Yeah I dunno. It wasn't autosaving and apart from yesterday, I've experienced this many times. If it crashed when I was trying to load or save, or if it was some graphics card related issue or something I'd only be half as mad. In any case, it makes using the editor too frustrating to bother. These issues didn't exist on the non-Skybox? version. I should be playing with the Warcraft3 editor anyway, but maybe I should just stay at school instead and finish my thesis.
(27-11-2015, 12:11 PM)fresher taco Wrote:
(27-11-2015, 12:02 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(27-11-2015, 11:48 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Have you seen the stuff for the new AoM civ coming out? A Chinese civ from the looks of it. It got me kinda excited so I started mucking around with the AoM editor. Then the game crashed and it told me that the AoM servers were too busy to handle my request. I don't even understand how the servers get involved.

Yeah I dunno. It wasn't autosaving and apart from yesterday, I've experienced this many times. If it crashed when I was trying to load or save, or if it was some graphics card related issue or something I'd only be half as mad. In any case, it makes using the editor too frustrating to bother. These issues didn't exist on the non-Skybox? version. I should be playing with the Warcraft3 editor anyway, but maybe I should just stay at school instead and finish my thesis.

I know the feeling. Given the issue a quick Google though? might help. Need you making cool maps and such.

Does really do appear to be server side bs for AoM though:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/266840/dis...715536165/

All solutions appear to be 'ride it out it will work later' and 'restart steam'

hmmm
(27-11-2015, 12:16 PM)AdminGG Wrote: hmmm

I guess I wont worry about the editor until at least this saucy new expansion comes out. Got desperate foolish hopes that they'll fix all the strange balance issues. It felt like they were running out of ideas with Atlanteans though... favour generation and their heroes were cop-outs. I wonder what the new civ will be like, they've had enough time to refill their creativity bars I guess.

Little faith, some patience.
AoM is currently on sale for all that don't have it, get it. Only 9$

[Image: BgSOjsi.png?1]
New DLC for Age of Mythology - you can play a Chinese pantheon for $12 from Steam. You also get new maps, a third map size option (even larger than large) and the regicide game mode.

From what I've read it's buggy and roughly done, and crashes for some people. Which is a shame because a regicide game mode might be pretty fun. In the workshop there are bug fixes for the DLC.

Fingers crossed it'll be worthwhile playing at some point. Don't hold your breath though