Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum tweaks and changes

Dear all of TVGF,

I have made some tweaks and added a few things to the layout of the site.

Most notably the 'Latest Posts' section at the top of the forum, and the 'Latest Threads' sections displayed on the right hand side of the forum.

What do you all think? Too much? Too little?

Your feedback is much appreciated!

-GG
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

The right hand display seems a bit squished and unneeded, it also kind of looks odd not going all the way up through latest posts.

(24-02-2014, 05:58 PM)GuyGo Wrote: The right hand display seems a bit squished and unneeded, it also kind of looks odd not going all the way up through latest posts.

I think it depends on your display resolution. In 1080p the threads perfectly stretch the length of the forum.

Your feedback is appreciated, what would you like to see?

(24-02-2014, 12:19 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote: Dear all of TVGF,

Most notably the 'Latest Posts' section at the top of the forum, and the 'Latest Threads' sections displayed on the right hand side of the forum.

-GG

I've been using it, may as well keep it

(27-02-2014, 11:42 PM)Mungrel Wrote:
(24-02-2014, 12:19 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote: Dear all of TVGF,

-GG

I've been using it, may as well keep it

Glorious feedback, I live off it.

Currently I am in the process of setting up the forum portal page, which is not accessible from the main forum without actually typing out the url in your browser:
http://thevideogameforum.com/portal.php

The blank space is going to be filled with rules and other such info about this site, which TheDoctor is working on.

The portal contains the same 'Latest Threads' by default, so I might remove it form the main forum once I get the portal page up and running.

In general though, how do you feel about the site? Thoughts and opinions and such.

New feature added!

Added a small bit of css and MyCode to compress large images posted with images tags [IMG] in posts. Images are now compressed in order to stop the image taking over your entire screen if the resolution is insane. To enlarge the image, simply click on it to open it at its native size.

Portal and Forum icons added to the user bar!

Originally you had to click on the TVGF logo to return to the main page, with the Forum icon you can get to the forum easily.

The Portal icon serves as main over-all page for the forum. Content has yet to be added at a later date (hopefully soon).

Edit: Everyone can thank our own member Denbit for these super awesome icons.

(05-03-2014, 08:40 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote: Portal and Forum icons added to the user bar!

Originally you had to click on the TVGF logo to return to the main page, with the Forum icon you can get to the forum easily.

The Portal icon serves as main over-all page for the forum. Content has yet to be added at a later date (hopefully soon).

Top notch, really helpful. Good job!

Thread descriptions added!

Every time you create a new thread, you now have the option to add a thread description which will show under the thread title in forums. Helpful for adding that extra information.

The Portal page is completely updated now.

It now pulls the latest threads from the Fisticuffs and General Game discussion forums to display.

Also http://thevideogameforum.com will now lead you to the Portal, rather than the forum. This means you can view all the latest information, threads, and stats about the forum in the Portal and then login.

The 'latest threads' sidebar has been removed from the Forum as it is displayed on the Portal.

Feedback/thoughts/opinions greatly welcomed.