Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AdminGG's Arcade building project
Looks awesome, gonna be cool as once it's wrapped
that new screen makes a big difference , looks sick !

Part 7:

I) Custom vinyl wrap designs

Well after about a week and a bit getting the pictures sorted and the designs sussed out for the arcade wrap, they are finally prinited and ready to go! Thanks again to Pythagean who literally made to-scale models of my arcade so I could see what would look best on it. There are been a few changes, but here are the printed results:

Slash for the back of the arcade, and the original Metal Gear for the left side:

[Image: CKZarXP.jpg]

And Metal Gear Solid V artwork for the right side:

[Image: 1qsN8ic.jpg]

Then all the bits and bobs including the picture for the door, top banner, middle banner, and control panel picture:

[Image: ifkVlrR.jpg]

I am using this sweet artwork picture of the Dragon's Crown characters for the control board as it's relevant to multiplayer and they sorta old school games ill be playing on the arcade.

I suppose the arcade is Metal Gear themed. I have MGSV fever atm so it all seemed appropriate. And with both the old and the new Metal Gear's on each side I think it fits well.

But mainly this arcade is covered in the things I love.

I know these photos are shit quality, and they do them no justice, but they are seriously cool to see up close and I can't wait to get them all on tomorrow and finally finish up the arcade build.

Part 2 of this post will be up over the weekend, covering the application of the vinyl on the arcade!
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Get it wrapped! Can't wait to see it finished

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Part 7:

II) Wrapping the arcade

The arcade is finally wrapped! The build is now complete!

I spent a good portion of yesterday wrapping the entire arcade with my Dad. Big shout out to my Dad has he's the Sign Writer with the skills needed to do such a fantastic job of wrapping the arcade.

I didn't take alot of in progress pics, more of just the final result, as all hands were busy wrapping the thing.

Here we are though, the finished product:

We started with the arcade control panel, as this was the most fiddle part as the joysticks and trackball were already mounted. So the vinyl had to be applied over top and cut out around the joysticks and track ball. The final result is incredible though:

[Image: 7AE1uGr.jpg]

[Image: AX8CNHo.jpg]

The control panel looks fantastic. I couldn't be happier.

Here's a shot after the top banner was applied:

[Image: xo2qM41.jpg]

And now a full frontal of everything on the front applied.

[Image: V6lznIl.jpg]

The Metal Gear door picture came out really well, happy with that.

Now for left, right, and back sides:

Left:
[Image: tuJFMLn.jpg]

Metal Gear 1987 picture came out fantastic, considering it was the lowest resolution picture used.

Right:
[Image: dpJxm5U.jpg]

This art of MGSV came out beautifully. Really suits the arcade.

Back:
[Image: zK78R8s.jpg]

And then it's only appropriate to have my lord and savior Slash on the back.

And that's it folks. Completely wrapped now. It needs a few final touches that I'll apply over the week. Mainly the red edges you see will be painted black, and I also have some black moulding to apply to the edges to give it a nice finishing touch.

In part 8 I'll be covering the control panel configuration and button wiring. Might start that today If I have the time.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(27-09-2015, 11:17 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Part 7:

II) Wrapping the arcade

Show ContentSpoiler:

Allow me to reiterate what I said on steam:

NIIIIIICE

Also, I didn't realize you loved Slash quite that much.
Idort Mustard Race
PS4 | PS3 | Wii U | 3DS | PC
That is very, very awesome.

I can't be bothered typing all the words to express how much I like it.
[Image: 0Bec9YA.png]
(27-09-2015, 02:43 PM)Jargonion Wrote: That is very, very awesome.

I can't be bothered typing all the words to express how much I like it.

S U P E R L A T I V E S
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]
Looks freaking awesome. Gonna look even better when the red is painted black. Will make the images stand out even more.
(28-09-2015, 08:24 AM)Pythagean Wrote: Looks freaking awesome. Gonna look even better when the red is painted black. Will make the images stand out even more.

Agreed. Will it be finished this weekend?
[Image: 76561198044303202.png]