Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Crusader Kings II

CK2 is on sale on Steam at the moment for a very reasonable price.

If that's your kind of jam, I suggest you pick it up. The humble store has two DLC on sale, too, for quiet cheap (so you can start with a bit more content).

10/10 would recommend.

(16-07-2015, 12:35 PM)Jargonion Wrote: CK2 is on sale on Steam [...] I suggest you pick it up.  
[...]
10/10 would recommend.

yes come play with us.

if you've ever wanted to play Game of Thrones / The Borgias then this is probably the closest thing.

I'm checking out this reasonable price now. Is it graphically intensive? My laptop is ooldddd

(17-07-2015, 10:16 AM)AdminGG Wrote: I'm checking out this reasonable price now. Is it graphically intensive? My laptop is ooldddd

I've got Crusader Kings 2 but never played it.

From a System Requirements point of view It looks pretty similar to Europa Universalis IV, which my laptop can run (relatively well). I reckon you'd be good on your laptop, it's not a game which requires high resolution and framerate

I'd wager you would be able to play it. The only time the graphics really change is when you have an army marching around.

Hey I remember one time when Jar and I played Crusader Kings II multiplayer. We were both Spanish Kings (brothers) who were reciprocal heirs. Jar was King of Leon and I was King of Castille I think. 

From the outset it was a murder race so we could inherit each others' kingdom. When my spymaster found out that Jar was plotting my assassination, I went into hiding, then after a little bit I came out of hiding and invaded him. We signed a peace after I went backrupt and maybe our Islamic neighbours were threatening trouble, but soon broke a peace treaty and invaded him again. Eventually I think his kingdom failed and my Prestige score was about negative two thousand for betraying so many alliances and treaties. 

Anyone keen to play some? Pythagean?

Fuck, let's play again.

I gained +2 martial

New DLC introducing the Black Plague as an event; The Reaper's Due, is to be released on the 25th of this month (a week away!)
The update will also include "game optimisation", faster startup, making your allies more cheesed if you don't join their wars, new events.

Sounds pretty exciting, but as I haven't even gotten Conclave DLC yet, (and I am unemployed) I probably wont get this one too soon either. Most of the optimisation type changes will be available to all players, so I guess no pressure. Besides, I spend most of my time in the Charlemagne era dicking about as an unlikely count who achieves nothing.

Hey I can actually handle and play this game now. What's the cost? Where do I start?