Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Game: The Crystal Mage

I'm sure I missed a bunch, but almost everything's complete enough to publish.

Any questions? I'll answer them.

Any mistakes? Let me know, I want this to be a good reference guide.

Thanks!
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
I'm excited! Keen to play

The hybrid class blurb has a typo in it
Point it out to me, please.
reference guide Wrote:Additionally, there are five classes you can later hybridise with. Typlicall, you unlock these hybridisations by getting far enough into the relevant class’ quest line. These hybrid classes are
Huh, weird. It wasn't picked up as not a word.
The Accountant has no Charisma:

Accountant: Str. +1, Int. +15, Wis. +4, Per. -5, Luc. +5, Arm. -5, Spell Dmg. +3. Good with numbers.

He should have something right? I'd imagine a little.

Or Dex. Coward has no Dex either. Surely they have a base stat for this to start with? even if 0?

Brawler has no base Charisma. Forgive me if it's on purpose, and assumed to be 0.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Point 3 on combat flow:

"If the monster took the action, it will calculate is the attack is dodged."

if  the attack is dodged.

"Stay out of the sheets labelled “Master” and “Sheet 10”. If you are caught snooping in there, your character will be killed by the hand of Jargon without warning. If your party members are part of the church, they will be immediately banished. These sheets aren’t particularly interesting, they just condense all the player info into one place for the game master.

No peeking behind the sheet."

Good way to handle that problem. I won't be fucking with instant death, that's for sure.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(03-09-2018, 09:23 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: The Accountant has no Charisma:

Accountant: Str. +1, Int. +15, Wis. +4, Per. -5, Luc. +5, Arm. -5, Spell Dmg. +3. Good with numbers.

He should have something right? I'd imagine a little.

Or Dex. Coward has no Dex either. Surely they have a base stat for this to start with? even if 0?

Brawler has no base Charisma. Forgive me if it's on purpose, and assumed to be 0.

Right now, Charisma has no combat use. I'll add this to the guide soon- in the out of combat section.

When interacting with NPCs, your speech checks will work like this:

If your charisma is lower than theirs, the check will fail, and you will face a minor rebuff.

If your charisma is higher, subtract the NPC's charisma from yours. This is the speech check number.

Roll a D20. If the speech check number is lower than 15 but higher than the roll, you critically succeed, and get an extra bonus. If the number is lower than the roll, but at least half of the roll, your speech check succeeds. Anything else is a fail. A speech check number higher than 15 is an instant succeed.

Back to your point:

Brawlers and Accountants are not charismatic.

Brawlers and Accountants are not uncharismatic.

Cowards don't get a starting dexterity bonus, their dodge is good enough as it is (I think).