• Added Warrior class
  • Added Bandit class
  • Added Accountant class
  • Added Coward class
  • Added Mage class
  • Added Scholar class
  • Added Brawler class
  • Added Thief class

When will we find out/learn about the classes? You gonna go as far as making a hand book?

Gonna be me a Mage, Brawler, or Coward. Also you KOL fandom is showing.

(01-09-2015, 06:36 PM)fresher taco Wrote: I'm finding this changelog for a mysterious game far more exciting than I expected, even without the anticipation of playing it.

This exactly. Looking forward to trying this man.

There'll be a handbook, but I don't see the harm in leaking class info. I'll do it a little later.

The classes are all actually in the process of getting buffed. The Bard class was pretty lack luster, so I'm going to work on a fix for that which ends up buffing all the other classes. I'm not sure if I should do this quietly, or pretend it's an expansion. I like expansion, since it lets me have a cha

Oh, never mind, I thought of a much better idea.

The accountant's a pretty interesting (maybe) class. They're limited to 1-per-party, and have a unique meta application. To balance this extra work, they get a (hopefully) useful in-game bonus.

Got some stuff. But first, a boring change log (before the next one, which should be interesting)!

Change log for v0.25:
  • Renamed the existing XP system "level up" system
  • Tweaked the level up system
  • Changed "Meta shit"
  • Added HP
  • Added MP
  • Made levelling up more rewarding
  • Tweaked all classes
Now, the moment at least one of you might be interested in!

Here are the classes, and here're their starting benefits:
  • Bard: +3 Char, +1 Dex, +20% init, -2 Str, -2 Wis, Can pay for goods with songs.
  • Warrior: +2 Str, +1 Dex +30% Weap Dmg, +10% DR.
  • Bandit: +2 per, +1 Dex, -2 Str, Knows how to rough it.
  • Accountant: +2 Int, +1 Per, Understands money, Meta shit*.
  • Coward: +2 Per, -1 Str, -2 Char, base 75% chance to successfully run away.
  • Mage: +1 Int, +1 Wis, -2 Str, +30% Spell Dmg.
  • Scholar: +3 Wis, +2 Int, -3 Str, -3 Char, +50% MP Pool.
  • Brawler: +6 Str, -2 Per, -2 Char, -1 Wis, -3 Int, +150% base HP.
  • Thief: +4 Dex, +1 Per, +1 Action point, -50% Damage, Can walk faceless among men.
*Meta shit: That crafty bastard's good with numbers. Every time he levels up, he knows how to shift the digits around to find three new skill points. These points can be assigned, in any quantity, to any of the party's members. Oh yeah! that poor bastard's gotta keep track of the party's inventory for the GM, poor bastard.

They'll have have shitty generic two-line descriptions at some point, but I'm saving that bull shit for the guide.

See you next time, when either Enemies, Items, Spells, or Locations will be created!

Today I bring you the class update!

Change log for v 0.30:
  • Added a faction system!
  • There are now 3 factions you can join!
  • Added a new, special, class. Say hello to the Priest! The Priest is a hybrid class - you can only become a priest once you have done enough work for your faction.
  • Re-purposed the Pagan of Virtue.
  • The Tofu Shaman's turned up in his Tofu Hut.
  • Everyone in Fornsmill woke up and remembered there'd been a cathedral in the town this whole time!
  • Bards can now sing songs
  • Added the first batch of spells! Say hello to offensive and functional magic!
  • Added a new magic type.
  • Forgot the name for the below system.
  • Added a reputation system!
See y'all next time, when I finally get around to adding creating most of the zones!

What are the base stats so I can figure out exactly where characters sit with their starting benefits?

Do you have a level limit?

Accountant sounds pretty ballin and sounds essential for someone in the party to be that class.

Thief also sounds good. I might be a Thief or the Bard and spend my days playing tasty songs on my lute for free shit.

Also what is the 'Per' stat? Only only I can't figure out.

Any info on the factions and what they do? I wanna plan my potential alliance? Also I can't wait for there to be a hand book, so all these arbitrary updates will make sense and have some more context.

Is the game anywhere near playing?

(09-09-2015, 01:32 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Also what is the 'Per' stat? Only only I can't figure out.

Perception. Don't you know your S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?

Here, take this.
[Image: FALLOUT3%20BABY.jpg]
İmageİmage

(09-09-2015, 03:39 PM)Ralius Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:32 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Also what is the 'Per' stat? Only only I can't figure out.

Perception. Don't you know your S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?

Here, take this.
[Image: FALLOUT3%20BABY.jpg]

Ah of course. Thank you.

Base stats: Every character will start at level 8. From there, they will roll a D3 (D6, I guess) for determine their starting stats. 1= 15, 2=16, 3=17. From there, they add their class specific stat bonuses. I'm not at the stage yet (but I am nearing it) where I'm able to test combats. If the starting stats (along with the class specific skills) aren't enough to make too huge of a difference, I miiiightp be drastically changing the starting stats.

The stats-to-level is a formula, and I'm keeping it secret (though eagle eyed players'll be able to figure it out). At the moment, I've only calculated the table to level 23, but I'm thinking that'll be more than enough to build decent characters. A huge element of the game is customising youre character with gear and enchantments, so I imagine high-end play'll be more focused on gear than stats.

I've already changed the factions around since last night, so I'll have to do a little revision. As a super early system, you're looking at a church faction (bringing a new stat and magic type with it, also unlocking the Priest hybridisation), the city guard faction (bringing with it better smiths and other such shops), and the third faction is yet to be finalised (since I've changed it from earlier). Each faction'll have its own reptutation system, unlocking perks and quests based on your services to the faction.

The game can't be played yet. I've got most of the combat mechanics in place, I need to finalise and create a bunch more skills, I need to create all the items all together, and I need to generate a whole bunch of enemies and NPCs. I also need to physically draw up all the zones and finalise the unique mechanics for them. That sounds like a lot, and it is, but I'd say we're not actually that far off. Work's taking a lot out of me, so progress has slowed, but on my off day's I'll try and knock as much out as I can. I wont even pretend to have a conservative release date, but rest assured it shouldn't be too far off.

The handbook'll be written up and released after all the mechanics are tested and put in stone. That'll be the sign only items and NPCs are left.

(09-09-2015, 07:56 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Base stats: Every character will start at level 8. From there, they will roll a D3 (D6, I guess) for determine their starting stats. 1= 15, 2=16, 3=17. From their, they add their class specific stat bonuses. I'm not at the stage yet (but I am nearing it) where I'm able to test combats. If the starting stats (along with the class specific skills) aren't enough to make too huge of a difference, I miiiightp be drastically changing the starting stats.

Can I sign up for combat beta testing?

The rest all sounds really good. It's coming along.