Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Game: The Crystal Mage

That'll just be me rolling a handful of enemies of various difficulties and stat variations to test that A: Combat works, and B) The difficulties for each zone are adjusted correctly.

Right now, since I haven't simulated everything, I'm just working off guesses. Once I run the sims, I'll be able to over-haul stats and stuff to make everything work how it needs to.

I know work etc. etc. but bump for progress?

I've been lazy. My days off got filled with covering other guy's shifts, so I've been doing nothing on the rare days off.

I'll push some tat out tonight.

Fucking, ugh. My schedule got changed again. This log'll be pretty shite, but at least it's a small step of progress until I actually get a day off.

Change log for v 0.31:

• Added a zone! It's the Jarquin testing ground.
  • Added the Crystal Mage!
  • Reworked the character creation system.*
  • Added the [SPOILER] faction.
  • Laid the framework for the shared faction quest line.
  • Added the Crisp Voice perk for Bards.
  • Buffed the Warrior a little.
I also created a decent system for creating and balancing skills - Expect to see 90% of spells created and balanced in the next change log.

*Character Creation

Each character starts at level 8, and all stats start at level 16.
Roll a D3 (lol) for each stat, adding the roll to each stat as you go.
Each class now gets the corresponding bonus:
  • Bard: +6 Char, +2 Dex, -4 Str, Can sing songs, Can pay with songs.
  • Warrior: +5 Str, +30% Weapon Damage, -2 Dex Requirement for Weapons.
  • Bandit: +4 Per, +2 Dex, -4 Str, Finds more loot on corpses.
  • Accountant: +4 Int, +2 Per, Understands Money, Meta Shit**, Limit 1 per party.
  • Coward: +4 Per, -2 Str, -4 Char, Unique Runaway Mechanic.***
  • Mage:+2 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Str, +30% Spell Damage.
  • Scholar: +6 Wis, +4 Int, -6 Str, -6 Char, +50% Max MP Pool.
  • Brawler: +12 Str, -6 Per, -5 char, -5 Wis, -3 Int, +150% HP.
  • Thief: +8 Dex, +3 Per, +1 AP, Can blend into shadows.
**That crafty bastard's good with numbers. Every time he levels up, he knows how to shift the digits around to find three new skill points. These points can be assigned, in any quantity, to any of the party's members. Oh yeah! that poor bastard's gotta keep track of the party's inventory for the GM, poor bastard.

***Runaway= Roll D20. If #>5, then Runaway successful!

So, yeah. Sorry for the lack-luster update. I never make promises, but I'm hoping to have 99% of the spells done, and part of the hand-book ready for the next update (hopefully done by the end of the week).

It's getting there! 

Hey guys, I had a neat breakthrough today. I decided to split it all up into two updates, since they're pretty thematically different. Here's the more abstract stuff, and I should have finalised the second half in a couple of hours (GOTTA DO MATHS, YO).

Change Log for V 0.4:
  • Removed the "Bard" as a starting class.
  • Added the Bard's Bar [new faction!].
  • Added the "Bard" as a hybrid class.
  • Added the "Defender"* as a hybrid class.
  • Set the framework for a post-campaign campaign.
  • Added musical combats.
  • Added the Grey Ghost quest line.
  • SHIT, I was certain I had more. I shouldn't have cracked into the celebratory scotch so soon.
*Defender: +2 Per, +25% Damage Reduction.

See you soon for the zones next update!

Update - Oh yeah, I'd mentally written (and was going to publish) the part of the handbook for factions. Oh well.

(16-09-2015, 03:36 PM)Jargonion Wrote:
  • Removed the "Bard" as a starting class.
  • Added the Bard's Bar [new faction!].
  • Added the "Bard" as a hybrid class.
  • Added the "Defender"* as a hybrid class.
  • Set the framework for a post-campaign campaign.
  • Added musical combats.
  • Added the Grey Ghost quest line.
  • SHIT, I was certain I had more. I shouldn't have cracked into the celebratory scotch so soon.

Haha sweet. This is all sounding pretty good.

Again it will be great to see it all once it's done.

Might be a Brawler of a Thief now. Not sure.

Let's have candid time, since I'm in a good mood. I know you don't know what you'll be doing yet, but do you prefer to play sneaky support or blindly blast through everything? The Thief'll be a largely support based class, and the brawler'll be a blunt instrument. Both can eventually hybridise, though, so I guess you'll have a chance to broaden your horizons.

Hm I really don't know. Ultimately I don't mind what I play as.

In the spectrum of D&D and such I've always been head-on physical damage kinda classes.

Could dabble in wizardry and be a Mage for once.

OR

Go full Bandit and loot me corpses. What else will be appealing about the bandit?

Have a quick chat with Taco, I've let him in on some deats.

The bandit'll be, I hope, a decent class. The party'll have to be on their best behaviour in settlements, but he'll have certain benefits in lawless areas.

Certain classes have hidden, niche, gameplay uses that are only apparent when you play as them. I don't want to say too much more.

(16-09-2015, 03:57 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Certain classes have hidden, niche, gameplay uses that are only apparent when you play as them. I don't want to say too much more.

Seeing as you've put a decent level of detail into each zone, these character-specific technicalities might define your characters as much as their stats, especially on players' first playthroughs of your campaigns. It's cooking up tasty ae