Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Game: The Crystal Mage

You sycophant.

(16-09-2015, 07:55 PM)Jargonion Wrote: You sycophant.

I tried to try harder. I tried to make a metaphor. Your character and room specifics are the juice of the fruit and the mechanics of the game are the fibre and structure of the fruit. But who eats fruit for the fibre?

I decided on the metaphor before I knew quite what I wanted the juice to represent.  But it's okay to abort metaphors (and other things) because
and further the life of a metaphor is not sacred, even if you belive a human life might be

(16-09-2015, 03:36 PM)Jargonion Wrote: [...]
(GOTTA DO MATHS, YO).
[...]
See you soon for the zones next update!
[...]
Update - Oh yeah, I'd mentally written (and was going to publish) the part of the handbook for factions. Oh well.

keen to skim read those yet physically and/or digitally unwritten handbooks, eagerly awaiting the next inspecific update

I know I was always too subservient/passive to question the value of high school maths lessons, but definitely try to get some sine curves into your work at some point. and calculus. put something patrionisingly calculus in

Right, so, anyway.

"A couple of hours" HA!

Change log for V0.5:
  • Created (almost all) of the zones! Most of them are empty, but they're finally all planned out, and I just need to sketch quick outlines and fill them with enemies.
  • Seriously, 13 zones, with 50 sub-zones, and 11 sub-sub zones.
  • Removed the Jarquin Testing Ground.
  • Alright, yeah, 90% of the spells are finally in and have numbers and equations. Sorry it took so long. That's 35 spells in the game.
Right, so, yeah. All I have to do now is decide how tough the enemies'll be, create the enemies (a fairly quick process), sketch the basic geography of most of the zones and sub-zones, create NPCs, and create items.

That sounds like a lot, but as each step is completed, it should make the other steps even faster and easier to complete.

(17-09-2015, 10:37 AM)Jargonion Wrote:
  • Seriously, 13 zones, with 50 sub-zones, and 11 sub-sub zones.

This is sounding pretty deep. Am actually getting really keen to play now. Can't wait.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

A little bit of house cleaning before I get another big chunk done.

Change log for V 0.55:
  • Added the Reputation stat.
  • Added Miracles (A whole new spell mechanic type to deal with. Yay.).
  • Created the following [REDACTED]: The God in a the Machine, The Lich, The Giant Prisoner, The Flaming Demon, The Pixie, The Undead King, The Cannibal King, The Slime.
  • Assigned each boss a [SPOILER].
  • Oh yeah, created all the [SPOILERS] that'd make [SPOILER] possible.
  • So, I guess that also means that [SPOILERRRRRRS].
  • Added Songs (A whole new buff mechanic to deal with. Yay.).
  • Reworked the perk system into something much more boring.

Hey guys. I'm just getting all the details in line for the next (huge) content announcement. Just making this post to put the thread on the "latest posts" list to remind me.

There should be a cool update a little later.

No update! Instead, I lost all my data! All of it! I misplaced my hard copies, and all my digital shit got corrupted.

Yaaay.

I'll be restoring it on Tuesday, and should have the suppa sekret update pushed by Wednesday. I'll delete this post and update the above one then.

Sorry all (nobody)!

(04-10-2015, 02:31 PM)Jargonion Wrote: No update! Instead, I lost all my data! All of it! I misplaced my hard copies, and all my digital shit got corrupted.

Yaaay.

I'll be restoring it on Tuesday, and should have the suppa sekret update pushed by Wednesday. I'll delete this post and update the above one then.

Sorry all (nobody)!

UUUUHH

UUUUU

but it's recoverable right? right??

I've got hard copy NPC data somewhere, I'll just have to reassign stats and classes when I find it. I'll put it all straight onto cloud storage, too.