Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Game: The Crystal Mage

I've been working, for a little while now, on a D&D style campaign I've tentatively named "The Crystal Mage campaign".

So far, I have the skeleton of a game. I've created a main map, decided on most of the zones and sub-zones, worked out the (8 so far) bosses and their unique mechanics, and have started working a stats/combat/magic system.

Put simply, I have an idea for a world, have created most of the world, and would love for people to try it out.

This is where you come in! Before I go any further, I'd like a general idea of how worth-my-time this project is.

I'm looking for FOUR players to each create a character and explore my world in a campaign.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:

For this to be worth our time, all I'd need is four people who are able to commit to Skype sessions during which we will play through the campaign. I understand most of us are busy people, but half an hour to an hour on a semi-regular basis is all that's required. As long as you can commit to playing when you say you'll play, I'm sure we can work out a schedule.

I understand shit can pop up but I cannot tolerate people who repeatedly miss sessions. Please don't sign up if you can't play when you say you can play.

What I'll give you:

If you're familiar with D&D, I guess you'll have a tiny advantage. However, I can not stress enough, this is not D&D. I am making a D&D inspired game from scratch, and with it comes unique mechanics. This means that everyone in the campaign will receive a digital handbook explaining every mechanic in detail, along with other details about the world and other such things. The guise will make clear (hopefully in an easy to understand way) how each mechanic works, along with details. Naturally, any questions can be directed to me, and I'll do my best to clear up any issues.

Should you chose to play, I can give you a pretty nice world containing at least 11 zones, 3 of which are settlements. There'll be at least 7 "optional" bosses, and the titular Crystal Mage who's defeat will signal a successful completion of the campaign. 

You'll come up against the UnDead king, be hunted by a Yeti as you try to navigate the Frigid Frost mountains, and get to hang out with a congregation of hermits.

So, yeah. Is anyone interested in signing up?

Also, hopefully, the campaign will be better than that shitty mspaint banner I made.

I promise I put more effort in than that.

The banner is golden,

Yeah sign me up!

I could be keen, sounds like an interesting project

Mine isn't much better but feel free to use it if you want:

(25-08-2015, 12:00 PM)Pythagean Wrote: Mine isn't much better but feel free to use it if you want:

Both are pretty great. It's getting real now.

I think this could be pretty interesting. Sign me up!
İmageİmage

(25-08-2015, 12:00 PM)Pythagean Wrote: Mine isn't much better but feel free to use it if you want:

Oh, shit, nice. Really nice. Really, really nice. I'll be using that, thanks!

Right, well. Right, this banner's given me a huge burst of motivational energy, and I think we've got enough interest for me to move forward.

I'll be hard at work, and should have more details tonight.

(25-08-2015, 12:54 PM)Jargonion Wrote:

Oh, shit, nice. Really nice. Really, really nice. I'll be using that, thanks!

Right, well. Right, this banner's given me a huge burst of motivational energy, and I think we've got enough interest for me to move forward.

I'll be hard at work, and should have more details tonight.

Sweet looking forward to it.

Trigger Warning for those who can art: shit art ahead

After spending the day working fleshing out areas and mechanics, I decided to digitally recreate the main-map I had drawn. I present to you all, the special edition, pre-release, full colour, first look at the main map for the campaign.

This isn't at all how it'll look while playing, I think. For starters, it's going to be black and white, and almost certainly hand drawn. I'm also currently figuring out a method of starting the map blank, and filling it in as players explore. So, yeah, minor spoilers, but nothing that'll (probably) change the game play experience. 

But, I'm feeling good about progress, so I thought I'd start the pre-release info leaking.