Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Forum Game: The Crystal Mage

(06-10-2015, 12:18 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Like, man. Proper thanks. I haven't done many NPC quests yet, so you've helped me out big time. Huge time.

No problem, if you need any others let me know

So we had a test run of this the other night.

Jargonion ran through character creation and then combat against a monster that wrecked our shit for fresher taco and I.

It was fun though, and I am starting to understand all the work put into the game. Jargonion was constantly sorting through a shit ton of paper which he needs a better system for to find all the right stats and rules etc. for what we did.

Maybe went for 45mins or so? But I got a taste for combat and how the game works. I honestly really want to play this game, and as a reminded to the creator (plus for motivation purposes) I have 5 players ready to go once it's done!

Sort your shit, cause it's amazing and you are close to finishing.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

I'm going to have to put all updates on hold until I can create a piece of equipment that I need to properly balance and simulate everything. It's a tool that'll be used in the game anyway (to prevent paper-shuffling and speed up the game), and I'm at the point now where I can't really advance without it.

I could push the NPCs out without it, but I'd have to revisit them and assign them stats and stuff, so I'd rather do it all at once, and that requires the tool I'm going to make. I'm not sure the best way to make it, but I'll consult GG and it will hopefully be ready fairly soon.

Once it's made, all the issues I've been having with disappear, and I'll be able to push out the rest of the game in no time.

Thank you for your patience, and I'm sorry to have let people down.

(15-10-2015, 10:10 AM)Jargonion Wrote: I'm going to have to put all updates on hold until I can create a piece of equipment that I need to properly balance and simulate everything. It's a tool that'll be used in the game anyway (to prevent paper-shuffling and speed up the game), and I'm at the point now where I can't really advance without it.

Sounds good, we'll be waiting patiently and earnestly.

From the test run it sounds like the basic mechanics are functional, and from what secrets I've heard from you of surrounding quests, when it's a complete sandwich it'll be a good one

Yeah, I haven't given up, I just can't do the maths in a way that gives me useful results in a decent amount of time. I basically just have to make a combat sheet that'll automatically generate results and stats based off the variables I give it.

That shouldn't take long, then I'm back on track.

Any progress on said combat sheet? Also any further testing required for game mechanics?

(20-10-2015, 08:54 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Any progress on said combat sheet? Also any further testing required for game mechanics?

I heard a rumour that you are going to be in the same city as Jar sometime soon, what if you took that opportunity to get him some vague assistance with the numbers and the number holding software things.

(08-04-2016, 09:50 AM)crispier taco Wrote:
(20-10-2015, 08:54 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Any progress on said combat sheet? Also any further testing required for game mechanics?

I heard a rumour that you are going to be in the same city as Jar sometime soon, what if you took that opportunity to get him some vague assistance with the numbers and the number holding software things.

Yeah didn't have alot of time with him though, and it wasn't something that came to mind....

Yeah, he was up to four seconds late with an appointment with someone else, which meant he had to peel out.

(11-04-2016, 04:39 AM)Jargonion Wrote: Yeah, he was up to four seconds late with an appointment with someone else, which meant he had to peel out.

It was a terribly short visit that was almost entirely my fault.