Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth: Afterbirth

Not 1001%, but the most difficult part of the game is done. All that is left is about four challenges and collecting some items.

But I can basically just play runs for fun now. FOR FUN.

(23-02-2016, 04:42 PM)GuyGo Wrote: Not 1001%, but the most difficult part of the game is done. All that is left is about four challenges and collecting some items.

But I can basically just play runs for fun now. FOR FUN.

What an achievement. That's what Spelunky is to me now, just fun. However fun doesn't seem to cut it.... theres just nothing left to achieve.

Shit man. I just sat down over the last 3 days and knocked out those last couple of annoying challenges, and all my Keeper runs.

Fuck man, fuck.

I broke that game to hell and back to make some of those runs possible.

Now I should be able to easily mop up 1001%/.

I'm down to my last three items, then I get my 1001%.

But Overwatch calls first.

I cheated. Do you think it was ok?

When Afterbirth was released, it was bugged up the arse and certain things unlocked too early or wouldn't unlock at all. So, I started a new save file to reset all the issues. Since then, I have done every single kind of run there is, all in hard mode. I've beaten (almost, more in a second) every boss in hard mode, and completed greed mode as every character. Eventually, I only had a couple of hard mega Satan runs left to do. Thing is, I'd already done them, just before I reset my progress.

I got tired of trying to grind them all out again and again with every character, so I just downloaded a 1001% save file to automatically unlock all the achievements I had left. All of the achievements that were left to unlock were the Hard-mode mega Satan kill achievements, and the achievements for beating every boss on hard mode (all that was left was mega Satan).

I'm ok with this, since I'd already put in the work. It's just a shame that my last dozen achievements have all unlocked at the same moment. The question is, would you do the same?

I remember this problem. What I did was uninstall the dlc then wait until the patch fixed it, so all my progress was what it should have normally been. So when I did everything it appeared as normal.

Totally a fair reason to cheat, there's not much point to redo everything you've already done.

achievements are life)

build a conservatory

(06-06-2016, 04:33 PM)crispier taco Wrote: achievements are life)

build a conservatory

I agree

(06-06-2016, 11:49 AM)Jargonion Wrote: The question is, would you do the same?

In honesty, I probably would not do the same. It would not occur to me, nor would I bother, to get another save file so all my achievements are checked.

buuwt hey check me out over here achievements are life don't you know
I don't think I'll ever complete this game, but it is a great time

Well, I mean, one of the issues with Rebirth is that items are tied to achievements - I can't unlock items (and thus have a complete game) without first getting the achievements. This, above all else, is why I did it. I don't care about the icons you get for the achievements, but I care deeply about the rewards I get for having done them, since they impact how the game is played.