Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony and Hideo Kojima Announce new partnership for PS4

AS BREAKING AS NEWS CAN GET

Hideo Kojima's contract with Konami was terminated on the 15th of December finally freeing him. He and Sony immediately announced a new partnership starting a new game franchise and exclusive game for PS4

Check out Kojima Productions sexy new logo:

I am hype. Can't wait for more news on what the game might be.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Stoked for the dude. Hopefully his games aren't only coming to the PS4, I don't wanna buy an expensive Kojima machine.

(16-12-2015, 10:44 PM)GuyGo Wrote: Stoked for the dude. Hopefully his games aren't only coming to the PS4, I don't wanna buy an expensive Kojima machine.

Apparently the contract does not prohibit a PC launch of this game/games. Although it does sound like there will be some sort of timed exclusivity deal.

Source is no longer available, he was asked to take it down: https://twitter.com/PadPoet/status/677158478692130817

Don't need a Twitter source, its been confirmed elsewhere now:
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/102880...pc-release

PS4 exclusive, will come to PC later. What the game/s may be.

(17-12-2015, 08:27 AM)AdminGG Wrote: PS4 exclusive, will come to PC later. What the game/s may be.

"Smetal Smear Smolid VI".

Honestly, I wonder if Kojima is gonna make a new series and universe similar to MGS, or make single games on their own. I don't mind getting games later on PC as well, meaning there's time for some good porting to happen.

(17-12-2015, 11:39 AM)GuyGo Wrote:
(17-12-2015, 08:27 AM)AdminGG Wrote: PS4 exclusive, will come to PC later. What the game/s may be.

"Smetal Smear Smolid VI".

Honestly, I wonder if Kojima is gonna make a new series and universe similar to MGS, or make single games on their own. I don't mind getting games later on PC as well, meaning there's time for some good porting to happen.

First off, you have a great new avatar.

And second, yeah exactly what you said. PC version may be later, but it will be good.

Are you familiar with his older games? Both Snatcher and Policenauts are some of his oldest games but are set in the same universe as Metal Gear. In fact, Snatcher was the first game to debut a Metal Gear. I really hope he either remakes, or revisits this series.

BUT FIRST. Go hook up with Guillermo del Toro again and lets get Silent Hill going.