Hello There, Guest! Login RegisterLogin with Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick and Morty Game "Pocket Mortys" has Been Released

Pocket Mortys has just been released for iPhone and Android.

Quote:Join Ricks throughout the multiverse as they get swept up in the latest craze: Morty training! There are over 70 bizarre Mortys to recruit and train out there, including Mustache Morty, Wizard Morty, Cronenberg Morty and more. Assemble a dream team, then challenge rival Ricks by forcing your grandsons to battle each other. Command, combine and level up your Mortys to prove that you're the greatest Morty trainer of all space and time!
  • Discover dozens and dozens of bizarre Mortys across the multiverse of Rick and Morty
  • Train and combine your Mortys to level them up and watch them grow
  • Battle rival Ricks from across the multiverse
  • Encounter your favorite characters like Bird Person, Mr. Meeseeks and more
  • Craft items and engage in tedious side quests
  • Win prizes at the space arcade Blips and Chitz

I've played about 10 minutes so far (I'll try it out further at lunch) but seems to be a good Pokemon clone in the Rick & Morty universe. Probably doesn't have a whole lot of depth but so far I'm enjoying it.

iPhone Link

Android Link

Ha I saw a gif for this the other day and wondered where it was from.

I've downloaded it now and have it a shot for a bit. It's pretty fun, perfect game for a series like this. Im sure it will do well.

Been playing some more of this, up to the third council member fight now. Thoughts below:
  • While the combat can be slow at times, I find it enough to keep me occupied especially now that I have a full party of Mortys (and fighting trainers with a full party themselves)
  • Rock, Paper, Scissors types are a very simplified system compared to Pokemon. I assume it will start to get pretty repetitive as I get further on. I haven't looked into the actual differences between the Mortys yet so that may provide a bit of depth.
  • Crafting system is simple but I quite like it, finding random items lying around then combining them to make useful items is quite cool. Means you can save you Schmeckles if you are able to craft the things you need.
  • I actually quite like the Free to Play model that Pocket Mortys has implemented. Without a doubt the game should be completed without spending anything, the one way you spend money is to buy Blitz and Chips tokens. They are used to get a ball from a vending machine which has a random drop of Loot/Mortys. These are simply a way to progress faster in the game, and you can occasionally find tokens lying around in loot boxes anyway.
  • I love that it has a functional Cloud Save system, really makes it easy to switch between my phone and tablet depending on where I am.

All in all if you are a fan of Pokemon and/or Rick and Morty there is probably something here for you. It's free so give it a go

Ya Rick & Morty (Doc and Marty)

(16-01-2016, 08:05 AM)jmp246 Wrote: Ya Rick & Morty (Doc and Marty)

Sure are.

You playing it man?

(17-01-2016, 10:38 AM)AdminGG Wrote:
(16-01-2016, 08:05 AM)jmp246 Wrote: Ya Rick & Morty (Doc and Marty)

Sure are.

You playing it man?

Yep