14-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Post your bold predictions for the year in this thread! Here's mine
- PlaystationVR - Will be priced at $400 for just the HMD, or $500 bundled with the move controllers. There will also be a bundle which includes all of this and a PS4 for $750.
- HTC Vive - Will cost $750 at launch (with motion controllers etc.)
- Oculus Rift - Oculus will announce a Facebook like social application for the Oculus Rift by the end of the year
- VR in General - Will slowly start to pick up steam as headsets start to ship, this won't be the "year of VR" though. Maybe by xmas we will see several price drops or bundles with games but I expect that 2016 will be the year that VR starts to find it's way into the marketplace. It won't be a huge deal until a lot more people have them in 2017 and beyond.
- No Man's Sky - Will be VR compatible
- Nintendo NX - Will be announced at E3, some sort of Wii U where the gamepad can play games separate from the console itself.
- We will see several games come out or announced with various versions of the Nemesis System from Shadow of Mordor
- Several Star Wars games are announced including (but not limited to) a single player campaign focused game and a Tie Fighter/X Wing style game (possibly with VR support)