• Place is pretty dead yo
  • Liam can suck my dick
  • Dom too
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Bold Predictions Thread

Post your bold predictions for the year in this thread! Here's mine
  • PlaystationVR - Will be priced at $400 for just the HMD, or $500 bundled with the move controllers. There will also be a bundle which includes all of this and a PS4 for $750.

• HTC Vive - Will cost $750 at launch (with motion controllers etc.)

• Oculus Rift - Oculus will announce a Facebook like social application for the Oculus Rift by the end of the year

• VR in General - Will slowly start to pick up steam as headsets start to ship, this won't be the "year of VR" though. Maybe by xmas we will see several price drops or bundles with games but I expect that 2016 will be the year that VR starts to find it's way into the marketplace. It won't be a huge deal until a lot more people have them in 2017 and beyond.

• No Man's Sky - Will be VR compatible

• Nintendo NX - Will be announced at E3, some sort of Wii U where the gamepad can play games separate from the console itself.

• We will see several games come out or announced with various versions of the Nemesis System from Shadow of Mordor
  • Several Star Wars games are announced including (but not limited to) a single player campaign focused game and a Tie Fighter/X Wing style game (possibly with VR support)

You jesting in USD or NZD here?

If there is to be a PS4/PS VR bundle shits gonna be way over $1000 here.

Can't wait for some more PS VR news.

No Man's Sky better be PS VR. Holy shit.

Rest I agree with.

I don't think my predictions are very bold, but PS4 to surpass 40mil in then next few months and even 50 by the end of year if not more.

Nintendo NX comes with no controllers. Only Amiibos.

But seriously.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 won't being coming out this year I bet.

(14-01-2016, 10:50 AM)GuyGo Wrote: Nintendo NX comes with no controllers. Only Amiibos.

But seriously.

Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7 won't being coming out this year I bet.

Oh hell yeah.

I still don't believe FFXV will come out this year.

(14-01-2016, 10:36 AM)AdminGG Wrote: You jesting in USD or NZD here?

Yes all prices in USD (I just copied my post from GWJ)

(14-01-2016, 10:36 AM)AdminGG Wrote: I don't think my predictions are very bold, but PS4 to surpass 40mil in then next few months and even 50 by the end of year if not more.

Lol someone has been listening to PS I Love You

(14-01-2016, 10:50 AM)GuyGo Wrote: Nintendo NX comes with no controllers. Only Amiibos.

Nintendo NX to just be a shrine to put your Amiibos on.

(14-01-2016, 11:04 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
(14-01-2016, 10:36 AM)AdminGG Wrote: I don't think my predictions are very bold, but PS4 to surpass 40mil in then next few months and even 50 by the end of year if not more.

Lol someone has been listening to PS I Love You

If they said something in the lastest one, then I haven't heard it yet. So I can say that was my own ;)

(14-01-2016, 10:17 AM)Pythagean Wrote:
  • VR in General - Will slowly start to pick up steam as headsets start to ship, this won't be the "year of VR" though. Maybe by xmas we will see several price drops or bundles with games but I expect that 2016 will be the year that VR starts to find it's way into the marketplace. It won't be a huge deal until a lot more people have them in 2017 and beyond.

Agree. Recent evidence has overwhelmingly shown that new consoles take a long time to catch on, and I imagine VR hardware will follow that tend.

• No Man's Sky - Will be VR compatible Won't release.

Fixed.

• Nintendo NX - Will be announced at E3, some sort of Wii U where the gamepad can play games separate from the console itself.

It's hard to say, but this seems accurate based on what little we know. Knowing Nintendo though, it could literally be anything.

• We will see several games come out or announced with various versions of the Nemesis System from Shadow of Mordor

This is a surefire bet. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Perhaps due to Warner being notoriously trigger happy with legal follow-ups (harassment) to try to keep their IP safe.

The thing is, it's such a versatile system, and I can see it being used to great effect not just in third-person Action games, but also things as varied as RTS and Sports Sim.

• Several Star Wars games are announced including (but not limited to) a single player campaign focused game and a Tie Fighter/X Wing style game (possibly with VR support)

Not even a prediction; an inevitability. We'll most likely get a KotOR remake (there's no danger in making something that happened several thousand years before what you actually care about canon, right Disney? Right?!), and we'll finally get news that they're going to finish 1313, or at least something similar. Also, could we see a Poe Dameron game? Time will tell.

I'll leave most of the VR predictions to you, I'm waiting to see what happens before speculating.

(14-01-2016, 11:34 AM)Selegraphon Wrote:

It's hard to say, but this seems accurate based on what little we know. Knowing Nintendo though, it could literally be anything.

Amiibo butt plugs. Calling it now.

Exactly why I'm interested to see what they do, it could be absolutely anything. Although I really do think they need some third party games to sell for it to get anywhere near the success of the Wii.

This is a surefire bet. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. Perhaps due to Warner being notoriously trigger happy with legal follow-ups (harassment) to try to keep their IP safe.

The thing is, it's such a versatile system, and I can see it being used to great effect not just in third-person Action games, but also things as varied as RTS and Sports Sim.

I suppose it has only been a year since that was released, and given the average development time of a game it's not suprising that nothing has implemented it yet (granted, we could have seen some 2015 games try to shoehorn it in).

2016 seems like a good amount of time for some games to have been built up around the system. And they absolutely don't have to be third person action/adventure games. I'd love to see some sort of sports version of this, Hell, I'd even like to see a FPS game with this kind of system (I'm thinking Far Cry style, possibly in Far Cry Primal with different chieftains etc.?)