Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwatch Hype Thread

(05-05-2016, 10:28 AM)GuyGo Wrote: In about half an hour you can actually see for yourself. Open Beta is running May 5 to 8.

only for three days? that's a tight window for an experience

Battleborn was only two days. Same with DOOM actually. I assume they don't want people to have too much time so they don't buy it, just enough time to want more.

(05-05-2016, 12:29 PM)GuyGo Wrote: Battleborn was only two days. Same with DOOM actually. I assume they don't want people to have too much time so they don't buy it, just enough time to want more.

fair enough. I've been checking out Star_'s streaming, and it seems an exciting game. 

who knows, one day I might even play it. 4 years from now when it's on sale on steam or part of some humble bundle or something, and I'll think "man, why didn't I get into this right from the start" and I'll know it's because I'm a shameless cheapskate

(05-05-2016, 12:39 PM)crispier taco Wrote: 4 years from now when it's on sale on steam or part of some humble bundle or something, and I'll think "man, why didn't I get into this right from the start" and I'll know it's because I'm a shameless cheapskate

It's a Blizzard game, it's not on Steam or Humble bundle.

Playing lots of games I can say the game is really fair. If I lose I definitely don't feel like I was cheesed out of it. Each character is balanced and has a counter, so switching mid game is really handy. I think this is going to be my go-to for a long time.

(05-05-2016, 01:57 PM)GuyGo Wrote:
(05-05-2016, 12:39 PM)crispier taco Wrote: 4 years from now when it's on sale on steam or part of some humble bundle or something, and I'll think "man, why didn't I get into this right from the start" and I'll know it's because I'm a shameless cheapskate

It's a Blizzard game, it's not on Steam or Humble bundle.

Playing lots of games I can say the game is really fair. If I lose I definitely don't feel like I was cheesed out of it. Each character is balanced and has a counter, so switching mid game is really handy. I think this is going to be my go-to for a long time.

I forgot (somehow!) that it was done by Blizzard
that sort of immediately gives it a +1 for me, I guess I'll have to give it serious thought. What's the expected time of release?

24th of May. This is the last beta before release. Every night I go to bed hyped.

Yeah the characters looks really cool. I've been watching loads of gifs and videos of gameplay.

I have been getting confused between this and Battleborn. Shame they are both out around the same time, I don't think there is room for both seeing they are pretty similar.

Think this will do better though.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

(05-05-2016, 10:28 AM)GuyGo Wrote: In about half an hour you can actually see for yourself. Open Beta is running May 5 to 8.

I do like betas.

(06-05-2016, 03:15 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Yeah the characters looks really cool. I've been watching loads of gifs and videos of gameplay.

I have been getting confused between this and Battleborn. Shame they are both out around the same time, I don't think there is room for both seeing they are pretty similar.

Think this will do better though.

Think of Battleborn as Borderlands + Moba and Overwatch as TF2 + Steroids.

Overwatch is definitely gonna do better.