Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indiebox - Nuclear Throne unboxing

So I recently discovered this site called Indiebox https://www.theindiebox.com/ after Rami, the creator of Nuclear Throne was tweeting about it. Basically they work with indie game devs to make physical boxed editions of their games. It's a monthly subscription service like Loot Crate.

Usually im not into that sort of thing, but I couldn't miss the chance to have my own copy of boxed Nuclear Throne. To top it off, Nuclear Throne was going to be a limited print and they would not be making more to sell through their site.

Nuclear Throne is a dope as game and is basically a top-down, bullet hell rouge-like. Everyone should give it a go.

So I signed up for a 1 month plan (https://www.theindiebox.com/sign-up/one/) $25 USD so about 35 NZD + shipping. Total being 45ish from memory. A little pricey, but hey currency conversions and shipping. They shipped towards the end of January and my copy finally arrived yesterday!

So I present to you, Januarys Indiebox: Nuclear Throne.

Right off the bat, I love the packaging:

It comes in a clear plastic sleeve that contains the box:

The box in all its glory:

The box design is cleverly designed after a mimic ammo chest, which appear in the game. Very appropriate.

Back of the box:

No. 3473 is mine!

So lets take a look inside shall we?

First thing I dug out of the box was a plush maggot version of the maggot enemies in the game:

Very soft and cuddly I suppose?

At closer inspection I can see its a pouch of sorts:

So idk I could put my balls in it or something. It's novelty, but cute I suppose.

NEXT

FUCK YEAH MINI FIGURES

AWESOME. I came with 3 mini figures of the first  bosses in the game. Left to right: Big Bandit, Big Dog, Lil Hunter.

They are pretty good quality, and fairly well painted given their size. They shall sit on my desk!

Next I dug out this!

It's the character Chicken from the game. One of Tofus favorites. I thought it was a magnet or something until I played with it some more:

Oh fuck yeah its a USB. Not only that an awesomely designed USB. Chickens ability is 'hard to kill' when you hit 0 HP she loses her head and runs around like as a headless chicken. So this USB is awesomely designed.

In my laptop:

It had 3 DRM free copies of Nuclear Throne for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Very cool.

Next up, Stickers!

Not big on stickers myself, but I love the one of all the characters in the car. Think ill stick that in my arcade somewhere. We also got no popo stickers and an Indiebox one features Y.V.

Digging deeper in the box I found this:

An official sound track! Score. The music to Nuclear Throne is dope.

Inside the box was also a printed manual for the game. Which is super cool as when do you ever see a game manual these days?

Pretty detailed too

Next up is a copy of Nulcear Throne for PS4/Vita

That makes a total of 5 copies of the game: Steam, PS4/Vita, DRM free copies for all OS's. That alone is worth the price of the box so far.

And final pick off all the loot:

Pretty happy with this to be honest. Love the mini figures, USB, and sound track. And the box it all came in is super cool. It was worth the price in the end considering all the copies of the game I got.

For anyone interested though, I already own Nuclear Throne on PS4/Vita and Steam. So that means I have a free Steam code and PlayStation store code. Only thing with the PlayStation code is its for US accounts only. Easy to work around on PS4 though as you can create a US account then download the game and then just play it on your primary account.

So if you want a copy, hit me up!
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Shit that's a really good haul of stuff. Much better than Lootcrate in my opinion and for about the same price.

Definitely will keep an eye on this site and pick a box up when it's a game I've played extensively and loved. I would be all over it if they do a Spelunky or Binding of Isaac one.

(12-02-2016, 10:47 AM)Pythagean Wrote: Shit that's a really good haul of stuff. Much better than Lootcrate in my opinion and for about the same price.

Definitely will keep an eye on this site and pick a box up when it's a game I've played extensively and loved. I would be all over it if they do a Spelunky or Binding of Isaac one.

Yessss same here. I'd love a Spelunky one, or Transistor even.

Neat. !

(12-02-2016, 11:59 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Neat. !

Dam straight it is. Like the mini figures and USB? Pretty happy with them.

(12-02-2016, 01:09 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 11:59 AM)fresher taco Wrote: Neat. !

Dam straight it is. Like the mini figures and USB? Pretty happy with them.

Yeah the beheadible Chicken is very cool. Their 'no platform left behind' ethos is solid as well. I didn't even know Nuclear Throne played on non-windows operating systems (excluding playstation consoles).

(12-02-2016, 01:13 PM)fresher taco Wrote: Yeah the beheadible Chicken is very cool. Their 'no platform left behind' ethos is solid as well. I didn't even know Nuclear Throne played on non-windows operating systems (excluding playstation consoles).

I had heard about linux, but that was a long time ago. Turns out when they left early access for 1.0 it launched on Linux and OS for reals too.

Yeah its a nice though, I was surprised about the number of copies of the game it included.

so much stuff! awesome