Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robin Hood Morality Test

Based on negative things done to the character:

From Tom's perspective:

John (betrays Tom by hitting him and chasing Abigale afterwards. John and Tom are 'best friends' so they've known each other probably more than Abigale? John is a complete bongo )
Abigale (Slept with Sinbad, betraying their assumed relationship)
Mother (Didn't tell Abigale not to whore herself? She is involved once Abigale came to her, Tom would surely blame her partly for this)
Sinbad (Assuming Abigale told him why she wanted to cross: slept with someone in a relationship, but no real connection to Tom)

From Abigale's perspective:

Mother (Refuses to help Abigale in her time of need)
Sinbad (Helps Abigale cross the river, but for something she probably really didn't want to do)
Tom ( Abigale has done a lot for Tom and he brushes her off)
John (Takes revenge on Tom for not understanding the situation, comforts Abigale after she was forced into a bad situation. John does nothing bad to Abigale)

She's pro-active, but cheating on someone to show your love isn't really morally sound. It's hard to take Abigale's side on this. Because of the severity of her actions we can assume this flood isn't going to resolve itself in a few days, but if that's the case why was she in such a hurry? She was the one who decided to do a morally bad action instead of nothing, probably knowing that Tom would not be ok with it. 
Now look at Tom's actions: he is justifiably upset. Sex is obviously part of their relationship and Abigale slept with the creepy boat owner. Sure, he didn't have many decisions to make, but he made the right ones (Violence aside...). 
So
Quote:from worst to least worst:

1: John

2: Sinbad

3: Tom

4: Abigale
5: the Mother

Not sure what I think about Abigale, I sort of think that she was irresponsible, and should've waited for an alternative boat option to become available. Maybe Sinbad was really hot though? 

If she loved Tom enough to bang the boatman, I'd expect her to know Tom enough to be aware he wouldn't like that she banged to boatman, so either she should've not banged the boatman, or not told Tom about banging the boatman. 

putting Abigale ahead of Tom makes no sense to me.
Quote:Let's get something straight: John straight up assaulted Tom. I absolutely detest needless violence. If you cannot control your anger, then you need to be an adult, and seek professional help. Otherwise you are allowing yourself to hurt others (and yourself), which is never okay, and is an incredibly immature course of action. 
--
Then a whooooole lot further down come the next two. Tom got angry. Fair enough. He literally did nothing wrong (because didn't act on his anger, and goddamn punch someone)
but Tom "strongly" pushes Abigale away, does this not register as less than 4th evil? She got "strongly pushed", man.
Abigale seems like a headcase, maybe the mother is morally sound for helping someone dodge a bullet despite family ties.

(26-03-2016, 01:07 PM)████ Wrote: Based on negative things done to the character:

From Tom's perspective:

John (betrays Tom by hitting him and chasing Abigale afterwards. John and Tom are 'best friends' so they've known each other probably more than Abigale? John is a complete bongo )
Abigale (Slept with Sinbad, betraying their assumed relationship)
Mother (Didn't tell Abigale not to whore herself? She is involved once Abigale came to her, Tom would surely blame her partly for this)
Sinbad (Assuming Abigale told him why she wanted to cross: slept with someone in a relationship, but no real connection to Tom)

From Abigale's perspective:

Mother (Refuses to help Abigale in her time of need)
Sinbad (Helps Abigale cross the river, but for something she probably really didn't want to do)
Tom ( Abigale has done a lot for Tom and he brushes her off)
John (Takes revenge on Tom for not understanding the situation, comforts Abigale after she was forced into a bad situation. John does nothing bad to Abigale)

She's pro-active, but cheating on someone to show your love isn't really morally sound. It's hard to take Abigale's side on this. Because of the severity of her actions we can assume this flood isn't going to resolve itself in a few days, but if that's the case why was she in such a hurry? She was the one who decided to do a morally bad action instead of nothing, probably knowing that Tom would not be ok with it. 
Now look at Tom's actions: he is justifiably upset. Sex is obviously part of their relationship and Abigale slept with the creepy boat owner. Sure, he didn't have many decisions to make, but he made the right ones (Violence aside...). 

putting Abigale ahead of Tom makes no sense to me.
but Tom "strongly" pushes Abigale away, does this not register as less than 4th evil? She got "strongly pushed", man.
Abigale seems like a headcase, maybe the mother is morally sound for helping someone dodge a bullet despite family ties.

This is my understanding of the morally relevant traits of our characters

Abigale: The end justifies the means
Tom: The only available means are not ethical (I am assuming Tom doesn't regret his actions later)
Sinbad: an open offer is always ethical
The Mother: Swiss-brained - don't get involved
John: help the damsel in distress/hoes before bros?  

So I guess I see Abigale and Tom as opposite types: one is constrained entirely by unbreakable rules, while the other is driven by a goal that they can't give up on.
I'm starting to see Sinbad is like a "would you rather?" genie, and makes a strange offer just to pose a moral question, although really he's a boatman who sees an opportunity to get into Abigale's pants.
I guess The Mother is pretty callous to refuse giving any advice, especially because I consider Sinbad's offer to be exploitative and unreasonable.
Is John a sexist? Is John just seizing an opportunity to get with Abigale? Maybe Abigale is the only girl in town except for her mum?

I don't think maaaybe I've moved The Mother to #3, and bumped down Tom and Abigale to #4 and #5 respectively (from worst to least worst). 
The Mother's failure to provide help when asked for it is almost objectively cruel. This isn't really a situation where she can claim she has no useful information to contribute. 

Abigale and Tom are more or less equal in the fact that they seem to adhere to their own moral code and ignore the code of their partner.

ALTHOUGH: it is never actually stated that Abigale and Tom are in a relationship. Maybe Abigale is a dedicated stalker. If so, she goes to #3, The Mother #4, and Tom #5. and, John entrenches himself deeper in his spot at #1 worst behaved character.