Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EPIGRAM
musician(s) Grammatik have released an album inspired by the concept of the Epigram: one or two sentences that communicate a idea, be it witty or profound. If you jump on their site you can type in your own favourite epigram and it gets encoded into unique album art. Neat!

It's a basic substitution cipher though, so the more letters you put in the more cluttered your album art gets, and the vast majority of epigram writers have abandoned any interest in adhering to the usual poetic structure of a true epigram. But whatever, it's still neat.

check it out!
http://gramatik.net/epigrams/13646

I guess I should say something about the actual music in the album too... but I haven't even listened to the whole album yet! Too distracted by the fun album art idea.
[Image: b5sJQ4d.png]
"the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must"

not structurally an epigram! it is from the Melian Dialogue, part of Thucydides' history of the Peloponnesian War.
(08-05-2016, 02:47 PM)crispier taco Wrote: [Image: b5sJQ4d.png]
"the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must"

not structurally an epigram! it is from the Melian Dialogue, part of Thucydides' history of the Peloponnesian War.

I kinda think the album art should be easy to understand.
(08-05-2016, 09:08 PM)jmp246 Wrote:
(08-05-2016, 02:47 PM)crispier taco Wrote: "the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must"

I kinda think the album art should be easy to understand.

How so? Are you saying that album art should visually represent the music?