Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am regularly mad about advertising

I went to buy some rice milk today. Vitasoy sell both regular ricemilk, and 'enriched' rice milk, which contains chickpea

It's advertised as 'enriched' both with chickpeas and the goodness of calcium, despite the fact it contains exactly the same milligrams-per-millilitre of calcium as the non enriched variety. So, I guess there is an inherent "goodness" that is contained in calcium that does not affect it's mass. Or they're just being shitty marketing fuckers.

So I went to their website to get a picture of that variety of ricemilk, because I bought the regular variety because otherwise I'd feel like a schmuck, and I also came across this charming checklist. Charmingly redundant.

Lactose is exclusively derived from dairy products, and therefore anything that calls itself "dairy free" is definitively lactose free.
Anything that is suitable for vegans is unavoidably restricted to be suitable for vegetarians.

whenever you read this sort of shit on a food packet regard it with severe cynicism, a significant proportion of food-related pop-wisdom is based off of weak science, no science or is directly counter to good science.

http://www.soy.com.au/wp-content/uploads...0x1024.jpg

since they also advertise calcium on the original container isn't it just advertising that there's chick peas in it, and that both the rice milk types have high calcium so people looking for high calcium drinks buy one of them... no need to get panties knotted over the word 'enriched', its just a replacement for "contains" which is boring af.

enriched implies that the product is augmented. they're replacing boring words with lies

but rice milk does contain more calcium than their other products...

(09-06-2016, 12:57 AM)████ Wrote: but rice milk does contain more calcium than their other products...

that's like saying lemons are enriched with citrus because they contain more citrus than frogs. They naturally contain citrus, and haven't been "enriched". Just say "abundant in calcium", and then you're not lying to me, and incurring the wrath of low impact dead forum viewers

ahh I guess you're right, "enriched" is a bit scummy. If they said "rich in" it'd be fine I guess.

the moral of the story is that semantics are more important than actually informing the consumer that your product contains a lot of calcium

Are you EDGY? That's great you're probably a black person

There's a STYLE for EVERYONE. Like, at least 3, and one is "Classic". Get the hell on your bike Second Life, your ad is terrible

you want every single skin/clothes permutation with its own banner or what? "Classic" is totally a style btw.

(02-09-2016, 08:46 PM)████ Wrote: you want every single skin/clothes permutation with its own banner or what? "Classic" is totally a style btw.

Maybe "90's white person" is a style, but what does "Classic" mean? Long hair, jeans and a cardigan? and how many people wear leather jackets these days? Only those with total edge I guess