Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death Stranding

So for anyone paying attention, E3 is currently on. Sony had their press conference a day ago, and some dope as shit games were announced. The main one I care about is Hideos new game. As some of you may or may not know, Konami really appeared to have screwed Hideo and fired him after MGSV. Sony immediately ran to him and gave him untold amounts of money to make them a new game, with all the room he would need to work freely.

So he turned up this year at E3 and walked on stage like a boss to announce hes back:

And then they showed the trailer for his new game: Death Stranding

Dope. As. Fuck.

Only a Hideo trailer can make no sense and be as insane as that but still get me hyped.

Norman Reedus is doing the motion cap and playing the main character. He's best known for the TV series the walking dead.

So its clear now that he is the man in the space suit Hideo has been teasing about.

He's also got USB drives around his neck, that in a high res image you can see have math equations on them.

Lots of fan theories already, but this seems to be a popular one:

• Reedus = Adam
  • Strand = Eden
  • Floating men = Archangels
  • Dead sea animals = Great Flood
  • C-scar = Adam's rib
  • Empty Handcuff = Eve
  • Eventual skull spacesuit = Ark
  • USB drives around his neck = Animals of the Ark
So like a futuristic Adam/Eve scenario?

Either way im hyped, but we probably won't see the game till 2019/2020. So get waiting!
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Just on the biblical imagery idea:

The great flood is Noah's story, which is a fair few generations separated from Adam/Eve.
I think the angels have little relevance in the old testament, predeluvians are communicated to directly by god, and even after the flood, Moses was communicated to by the holy spirit.

Not that I wouldn't put it past people to mash (pre?)abrahamic tropes together, it doesn't seem compelling to me. Also, if we think of his scar as a reference to Adam's rib, then presumably it's about clones? I'm not sure, but the concept of cloning an ideal soldier has already been pretty thoroughly explored.

What I think is more interesting is that a male soldier type is surrounded by themes of motherhood; umbilical cord, infant handprints, abdominal scar. With all this, the beach littered with dead sealife gave me miscarriage vibes. It could be the ecological death of the planet. The protagonist might be concerned about raising a child in a dying world.

We see him in a spacesuit, maybe they're in an orbiting colony, or the outside air on earth is now toxic.

in any case, it'll be exciting to see Hideo with a new universe to kick around in, we'll get to see if he reigns in on the crazy or doubles down on genetics, robots and balloon based transport.

(15-06-2016, 09:01 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Also, if we think of his scar as a reference to Adam's rib, then presumably it's about clones?

You could also (superficially) compare the Liquid, Solid, Solidus Snakes as Cain, Abel and Seth.

lol he walked to fast for the floor.

(15-06-2016, 09:11 PM)jmp246 Wrote: lol he walked to fast for the floor.

Yeah he should have enjoyed his moment a bit more. Still so great when he was like 'I'm back!' haha.

(15-06-2016, 09:01 PM)crispier taco Wrote: What I think is more interesting is that a male soldier type is surrounded by themes of motherhood; umbilical cord, infant handprints, abdominal scar. With all this, the beach littered with dead sealife gave me miscarriage vibes. It could be the ecological death of the planet. The protagonist might be concerned about raising a child in a dying world.

Yeah I like this thought. Can't wait to see what info they release next.

(15-06-2016, 09:08 PM)crispier taco Wrote:
(15-06-2016, 09:01 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Also, if we think of his scar as a reference to Adam's rib, then presumably it's about clones?

You could also (superficially) compare the Liquid, Solid, Solidus Snakes as Cain, Abel and Seth.

Which the series does im pretty sure, especially the first game.

Yes, yes. Get your hopes up again.

(15-06-2016, 10:23 PM)Jargonion Wrote: Yes, yes. Get your hopes up again.

Free of his last situation, I don't see they game turning out bad at all. He's got the freedom, money, and time to do what he wants.

No Konami to fuck with him this time.

mhm

(15-06-2016, 10:26 PM)Jargonion Wrote: mhm

I'd be lying though If I said I wasn't worried at all.

I don't wanna be hurt again :(