Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This week in cats

I'm in Napier until tomorrow but maybe waiting until after the semester to get punched in the face would be prudent.

(24-08-2016, 09:16 PM)████ Wrote: I'm in Napier until tomorrow but maybe waiting until after the semester to get punched in the face would be prudent.

Aw man you are back? Should have said so. Always keen to catch up. I got a fancy new house and computer and everything to show :(
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Had a birthday dinner with my family, I'm getting dragged back to university for rehearsals etc though so I can't stay, didn't have time to do much anyway.
Did you move flats then?

(24-08-2016, 09:31 PM)████ Wrote: Had a birthday dinner with my family, I'm getting dragged back to university for rehearsals etc though so I can't stay, didn't have time to do much anyway.
Did you move flats then?

All g man. And yes I did. Got me a house this time.

(24-08-2016, 09:11 PM)████ Wrote: Holy shit that's beast. Fight me some day, that looks so fun.

Fun but so nerve racking! And yeah sure.

These week in cats:

Bastet and Sekhmet were both feline-headed war deities with cults based in Lower and Upper Egypt, respectively. With the unification of lower and upper Egypt, both figures remained as subjects of worship, but over time diverged in their characterisation. Bastet transformed from a lion-headed war goddess to a cat-headed figure, and associated with protective and motherly roles.

Another lion-headed god, the Nubian war god Maahes, was later also incorporated into the Egyptian mythology (with the inclusion of Nubian territory within Egypt), and was identified as a son of Bastet.

The trope of Lion-headed war god seems to have spread throughout many Nile cultures and speciated into distinct personalities. The syncretic nature of Egyptian religion later recognised both their similarities and distinctions and created a fascinating, inclusive mythology.
Love-food-crazy-rabbit-emoticon  drink coffee, repress your immutable nihilism  Up-crazy-rabbit-emoticon

ThIs WeEk In CaTs

Binomial name for the domestic cat: Felis catus

like, actually get fucked Carl Linnaeus. Why even bother trying to Latin it up? Guess what the ACTUAL latin name for cat is? It's CATTUS. Two 'T's. Guess what the Swedish word for cat is? It's KATT STILL TWO 'T's WHAT IS YOUR GAME CARL? WHY DID YOU ONLY PUT ONE T INTO THE SPECIES NAME? WHAT IS YOUR ANGLE

Man. I thought this died in the roll back too. Your thread is over 1 year old. How do you feel about that.

(10-07-2017, 01:06 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Man. I thought this died in the roll back too. Your thread is over 1 year old. How do you feel about that.

I feel like there is still so much more cat each week ripe for discussion. Sometimes I feel that our integrity hinges on our capacity to explore weekly cat with genuine transparency and unbeholden to corporate biases.