Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2

So theres a new DBZ fighting game coming out called Dragon Ball FighterZ made by Arc System Works that looks like it's gonna be amazing.

Arc System Works are also known for the Guilty Gear series of fighting games, and their latest game Xrd rev 2 is running on the same engine the new DBZ game will be using. So I thought to myself I'd grab the game since it was quite cheap and try get used to the game engine so I would have a good feel for the new DBZ game by the time it's out.

I didn't expect to love this game so much......

It's 100% anime characters: the fighting game. It's way over the top, way crazy, everyone has exaggerated disproportionate bodies, and the story is batshit insane. But man do I love it. Really fun and satisfying fighting game. Goddam beautiful to look at too! It's all in unreal 4 engine with full 3D models, but the way its been styled it looks like a 2D anime.

I've been getting ████ over once per week for Tekken 7 nights, but the last 2 weeks has just been Guilty Gear. Usually ████ is a hard sell on a new fighting game, but he's been enjoying it just as much. Check out basically all of lasts nights fights below, complete with terrible commentary and yelling while we are playing:

Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

"Sol Badguy" is an excellent name for a fighting character

(13-07-2017, 11:38 AM)crispier taco Wrote: "Sol Badguy" is an excellent name for a fighting character

Fun fact:

Guilty Gear Fun fact Wrote:Creator Daisuke Ishiwatari designed Sol in many ways as his alter ego, and also recorded Sol's in-game voice. Ishiwatari's favorite band is Queen, and he put in Sol's profile that he is a fan of Queen, and named Sol Badguy, whose real name is Frederick (or Freddie for short), after Freddie Mercury, whose nickname was "Mr. Bad Guy".

Pretty cool nod to Queen there.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps