Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Rogan Experience #1139 - Jordan Peterson
I think this section is meant to be for NZ politics, but I guess this can still count too.

Jordan B Peterson was on Rogan again today:

I'm only 15 minutes in (out of 3.5hours) but they are talking about politics, click-bate media, and gun volience. Sounds politic to me.

Jordan B Peterson is most famous for being crispier taco's biggest hero* [citation needed]
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(03-07-2018, 06:25 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Jordan B Peterson is most famous for being crispier taco's biggest hero* [citation needed]

Yes well, I was until quite recently a shameless fanboy for Sam Harris before my attention was drawn to how poorly he reacts to criticism and his selective use of being charitable in interpreting what people say (hint: if anyone criticises him it's not real criticism it's a cynical far-left identity politics maneuver). Hearing him debate Ezra Klein really outed his sloppy logic (not that I agree with all what Ezra says, but he's clearly technically a better debater than Sam).

Thoughts on the "intellectual dark web" ?
(03-07-2018, 06:34 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Yes well, I was until quite recently a shameless fanboy for Sam Harris before my attention was drawn to how poorly he reacts to criticism and his selective use of being charitable in interpreting what people say (hint: if anyone criticises him it's not real criticism it's a cynical far-left identity politics maneuver). Hearing him debate Ezra Klein really outed his sloppy logic (not that I agree with all what Ezra says, but he's clearly technically a better debater than Sam).

Is this the Sam Harris equivalent of being 'woke'?

(03-07-2018, 06:34 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Thoughts on the "intellectual dark web" ?

Oh look a bunch of dudes saying some reasonable shit is being labled as edgy and the "intellectual dark web" because boy has 3rd wave feminism gone too far.

It's all stupid really. I don't like how they've had to take a side and become their own reasonable task force. But then everything is always divided into sides isn't it?

The "intellectual dark web" as it currently stands:

[Image: DhHJtQHVAAAJD3i.jpg]

I quite like them all to be honest. But I haven't heard any of their traveling debates yet.

Sam is in Auckland soon, and Peterson is coming to NZ towards the end of year apparently.
P.s. I think Ben Shapiro took the photo. Alot of people are roiting saying they wont go see Peterson since he's sided with Shapiro. Not sure why all the hate? I guess cause hes pretty blunt and says alot of provocative stuff.
[Image: vbulImZ.jpg]
double woke I guess

(03-07-2018, 06:43 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Oh look a bunch of dudes saying some reasonable shit is being labled as edgy and the "intellectual dark web" because boy has 3rd wave feminism gone too far.

It's all stupid really. I don't like how they've had to take a side and become their own reasonable task force. But then everything is always divided into sides isn't it?

To be fair these guys don't get to be on either "side" because the most vocal sections of both sides of ??international western politics?? ; alt right and sjw left, both pretty happily condemn most of these guys.
Oh hey also! Slavoj Zizek: He was intellectual dark web before it was cool

Apparently he called Peterson out on some shit, and everybody wants them to debate. It would be amazing if they do
(03-07-2018, 07:10 PM)crispier taco Wrote: To be fair these guys don't get to be on either "side" because the most vocal sections of both sides of ??international western politics?? ; alt right and sjw left, both pretty happily condemn most of these guys.

Yeah that's true. Hence the "intellectual dark web" right? New side.

You know me well enough, where do I fall politically? Like what sorta side or group?

(03-07-2018, 07:18 PM)crispier taco Wrote: Apparently he called Peterson out on some shit, and everybody wants them to debate. It would be amazing if they do

Haha that would be great. Video was good, and oh hey that was Cathy Newman that Peterson recently destroyed without meaning too. 12 mil views or some crazy shit on that video.
Video has been upgraded from good to hella great.

"I want 3 toilets, easiest solution"

"I don't care if you are bi-gender or trigender" hahahaha this guy is great.