Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penal Enlargement
(10-07-2018, 07:50 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: So, I would argue that both scenarios are terrible.

Yeah no duh it's terrible for both across the board. But:

(10-07-2018, 07:50 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: Kids and adults are both people aren't they? You could argue that a child is defenseless, that they don't know their rights, that they don't know they are being taken advantage of. This is a valid argument.

and

(10-07-2018, 07:50 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: I just realised the counter to my argument is that the average adult is more capable of defending themself than the average child.

That's why, as you say.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I don't even need other people to have arguments with haha. I am perfectly capable of arguing with myself.
(10-07-2018, 07:50 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: I just realised the counter to my argument is that the average adult is more capable of defending themself than the average child. So in retrospect, I agree with

Kind of sounds like "if their rape is more avoidable their suffering is less important", sounds like some high-horse-slut-shaming-victim-blaming going on over here, SOUNDS LIKE YOU LOOK THE BLUE PILL ON LIBERTARIAN FREE WILL

(10-07-2018, 08:20 PM)crispier taco Wrote: REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

but seriously are you saying that because it's easier to steal candy from a baby it's worse than stealing candy from an 18 year old?
I still stand by my argument that any rape is equally bad, and should be punished as such. The only thing I am redacting is my disagreement over children getting protected.
(10-07-2018, 08:23 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: I still stand by my argument that any rape is equally bad,
Thoughts on limitations on consent and it's relevance in severity of punishment?
Legally, children are incapable of consent whereas adults are not. Or is this only relevant in deciding guilt but not in metering sentence?
I feel like ability to consent is only relevant for the decision of guilt. Otherwise it is putting blame on the victim. If you have enough evidence to prove guilt, then the punishment should be applied irrespective of whether or not the victim was legally allowed to consent. No means no whether or not you are allowed to say yes.

That being said, I feel like a lot of these cases would end up without much evidence, as a he said she said type deal. I don't believe you should punish people based on hearsay, but that means many many victims would be left without the ability to raise a proper case, which is also not acceptable. So.. no idea what the answer is for this? Any ideas?
(10-07-2018, 09:05 PM)Kalazarc Wrote: Any ideas?
universal basic chemical castration
(10-07-2018, 09:13 PM)crispier taco Wrote: universal basic chemical castration
For real?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Hmmm. I like it!

How about one of the reversible forms of castration (there is a kind that puts a blob of glue or something that blocks yo tubes up).

Anyway, the point being that you have to prove you are not a shit person to be alowed to procreate.

(10-07-2018, 09:38 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 09:13 PM)crispier taco Wrote: universal basic chemical castration
For real?

To be fair, I didn't specify they had to be feasible, sustainable nor moral ideas.
A serious caveat is that you don't need genitals to perform sexual assault.
I suppose destroying libido must reduce sexual behaviour though?

Perhaps taking a restorative justice approach to these issues, where both sides discuss at length the nature of the crime and work towards finding the appropriate sentence. The judge (or the law) decides maximum and minimum sentences for a guilty verdict and have final say in sentencing.

The primary promise of restorative justice is the hope it will help offenders see the harm caused and feel empathy and remorse, hopefully influencing their future actions, but it may also help tease out if anyone is bullshitting in a dispute?