• Welcome to The Video Game Forum
  • Place is pretty dead yo
  • Liam can suck my dick
  • Dom too
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary Clinton is Stannis Baratheon

Hillary Clinton to the USA is Stannis Baratheon to ASOIAF's Westeros.
(that's right, Stannis from the book, not the train wreck of a show)

Both draw their legitimacy from a popular former ruler of their dynasty (Bill, Robert)
Both feel that after a lifetime of faithful service, it is now their turn to rule.
Both risked losing power to a more charismatic competitor (Bernie, Renly) who was then removed by questionable methods (Superdelegates, Melisandre's shadow baby)
Both are hard working and listen to good advice.

Note that despite Stannis having such a fandom, in the ASOIAF universe he isn't well liked even among those loyal to him.

Who do you actually think is gonna win. And how will it affect us. For real.

(03-10-2016, 11:01 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Who do you actually think is gonna win. And how will it affect us. For real.

I think Clinton will win, but only from hearing other people talk about recent polls. I think if Clinton wins it'll be good for the US, and we will not feel much of a change.

If Trump were to win, who knows? WHO KNOWS it might only cause subtle market ripples that get smoothed by the equilibrium of the world, and only business types really have to care. It might be crazy.

But what's more important, is voting in our local mayoral, council and board elections. Those people are actually in charge of lots of things in our cities, and many of the people that try for office are genuinely incompetent. It's important to do at least a quick background check make sure you're not voting in any mini-trump-likes.

(03-10-2016, 11:37 AM)crispier taco Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 11:01 AM)AdminGG Wrote: Who do you actually think is gonna win. And how will it affect us. For real.

I think Clinton will win, but only from hearing other people talk about recent polls. I think if Clinton wins it'll be good for the US, and we will not feel much of a change.

If Trump were to win, who knows? WHO KNOWS it might only cause subtle market ripples that get smoothed by the equilibrium of the world, and only business types really have to care. It might be crazy.

I wanna see it get crazy, like how crazy could it get? Surely he wouldn't be that bad.

crispier taco Wrote:But what's more important, is voting in our local mayoral, council and board elections. Those people are actually in charge of lots of things in our cities, and many of the people that try for office are genuinely incompetent. It's important to do at least a quick background check make sure you're not voting in any mini-trump-likes.

Wise words there!

(03-10-2016, 01:11 PM)AdminGG Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 11:37 AM)crispier taco Wrote:

I wanna see it get crazy, like how crazy could it get? Surely he wouldn't be that bad.

He basically has no idea, and is not interested in learning, what the role of the President is, and what issues are important. It's difficult to separate the vitriol he spreads to appeal to his voters and his own garbage worldview.

However, I think the congress will curb his behaviour, even if it is republican heavy. I think the federal reserve will operate as it does, and as much as possible the politics of the nation will attempt to pretend there is no president.

Trump will be granted a polite fiction as a figurehead in the same way Tommen Baratheon* has.

*TALKING ABOUT THE BOOKS NOT THE SHOW

Who else is surprised by the republican reaction to Donald Trump's sexist remarks from 11 years ago?

It's one thing to have made sexist comments about beauty pageants and the like over a decade ago.
I mean, the aim of a beauty pageant is to objectify women with a competitive element, right?

It's another to while running for the GOP candidate, suggest murdering the families of terrorists, asserting Mexicans immigrants are largely rapists, and all the other bizarre and offensive garbage that he spouts.

I think the republican reaction is a worse indictment of them than doing nothing, because it implies that they more or less tolerate everything else Trump stands for.

You watching the debate live? Such entertainment.

(10-10-2016, 01:30 PM)AdminGG Wrote: You watching the debate live? Such entertainment.

I watched the last presidential one, and it was super boring. This one might be better, but it probably still wont be worth an hour of our time.

Maybe if it were a drinking game.

I'm watching it now and it's pretty funny. Trump talks so much but says nothing if you really listen. I think they are both full of it tho.

(10-10-2016, 02:02 PM)AdminGG Wrote: I'm watching it now and it's pretty funny. Trump talks so much but says nothing if you really listen. I think they are both full of it tho.

If he truly loses his shit I think I'd watch. It's hard to tell, and I'm sure my opinions don't come from unbiased sources, but I'm all for Hillary. I reckon she's a good choice for the USA