Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin GG's Game Pickups Thread
Rainbow 
Admin GG's Game Pickups Thread

A continuation of my old thread: http://thevideogameforum.com/showthread.php?tid=579

A lot has happened in over 2 years, and my collection has changed substantially. I still pickup things regularly enough, so I thought it would be good to keep a post log on my collection happenings.

We'll keep this first post short. My recent pickups from the last couple of weeks are 4 games:
Show Content4 games:

First is the NES game Super Mario Bros. Technically I already have this one, but as a Mario Bros/Duck Hunter combo. I just wanted the game by itself with the full Mario Bros label to accompany Mario Bros 2 and 3 on the top of my cabinet I a have that houses the rest of my collection (which I will post about at a later date).

Second is Donkey Kong Country for the Gameboy Color. Apparently rare to an extent? A lot of people were after it on Trademe and I managed to pick it for $9 which is more than reasonable.

Third is a Japanese copy of Donkey Kong for Gameboy. This is a fantastic game, and despite being the Japanese version it is all in English. I wanted this game for awhile, but it can be expensive. However someone listed the Japanese version of Trademe for 20$ so I snapped it up. The Jap version has a much 'cleaner' label which I like too (free of the age rating symbol and other things like that the US/Eur version has).

Forth is Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 (a typical mouthful as per Nintendo standards) for Gameboy Advance. Its a port of SMB3 on NES for GBA. I got sent this for free from a collector in Taupo after I sold him an Arcade I made (maybe another thread for the arcades I've made).

So yeah, that's it for this weeks pickups. I'll take some good photos of my cabinet at some point and post them here. I plan to use this thread for all my picks and maybe even modding projects as I come across them.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
people made spin-off games of the smash characters???
Donkey kong for GBC is cool
(15-07-2018, 08:24 PM)silentsun Wrote: Donkey kong for GBC is cool
I have heard a lot about it.

(15-07-2018, 08:23 PM)████ Wrote: people made spin-off games of the smash characters???
Underrated post 10/10

I have a new post coming soon, showing off a haul of GBA games I got.
So I won an auction on Trademe recently and got some new pickups:

[Image: BNMXSBhl.jpg]

Final Fight One - Is a port of the SNES version, which is a port of the classic beat em up arcade game.
Lady Sia - Is apparently a highly underrated action/platformer game for GBA. Looking forward to playing this one.
Mario Golf - A really good golf game with RPG elements. Even good today by golf game standards.
Dr Mario x Puzzle League and Pokemon Puzzle Challenge - All literally the same game just slightly different in presentation. It's a match 3 in a row puzzle game.

Boktai the Sun Is in Your Hand- Now this is the game I won the entire auction for. This game is truly unique and an amazing action/RPG game. It's made by Konami but more importantly HIDEO KOJIMA. Yes he made this game back in the day between Metal Gear games. It a cool game where the LITERAL SUN is the game mechanic. The game cartridge has a built in solar sensor to detect sunlight which you use in game to charge up your solar gun. What I gather so far is you are some sort of vampire hunter and you use your gun powered by the sun to extinguish your enemies. Real cool game, can't wait to play more. Reaks of Hideo's work.