Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archer Season 9
Rainbow 
It's out on Netflix!
[Image: OKXgSdL.jpg]
I think they've long given up on continuity or integrity and are now just having a fun romp beating the dead horses of their characters and bringing us all along for the wake/beatdown.

Definitely going to watch it though, slightly drunk already so I think I'll sink a few hours into this tonight for sure
Man I never finished Dream Land season 8 cause I thought that was lame.

So Archer is done with Lana? They don't give a shit about building that anymore?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(11-07-2018, 09:34 PM)AdminGG Wrote: Man I never finished Dream Land season 8 cause I thought that was lame.
yeah but when you realise that a no-stakes narrative within a no-stakes narrative doesn't affect the stakes or the narrative...

for this season they didn't bother with an excuse for a setting change. No near death fever-dream/coma-moment, this is just a romp. Krieger is a parrot now. They don't give a shit they're just having fun. Half the time they're acknowledging the colossal plotholes
[Image: afg7SB6.png]
(12-07-2018, 12:17 AM)crispier taco Wrote: for this season they didn't bother with an excuse for a setting change. No near death fever-dream/coma-moment, this is just a romp. Krieger is a parrot now. They don't give a shit they're just having fun. Half the time they're acknowledging the colossal plotholes

Aight so are they doing all that carelessly, or are they doing it well?

I.E. Is it any fucking good?
archer hasn't been good since season 3ish. they made all the jokes in the first season, then repeated them for the rest.
(15-07-2018, 06:47 PM)████ Wrote: archer hasn't been good since season 3ish. they made all the jokes in the first season, then repeated them for the rest.

Hmmm I disagree. It was pretty solid even up to Archer Vice. The shtick of the jokes never got old for me, and there were so many funny arcs over the span of the seasons that make it worth it.

Now they may be pushing it. See what crispier taco thinks I guess.
(11-07-2018, 09:34 PM)AdminGG Wrote: So Archer is done with Lana? They don't give a shit about building that anymore?
Nah that's still a thing.

(15-07-2018, 06:47 PM)████ Wrote: archer hasn't been good since season 3ish. they made all the jokes in the first season, then repeated them for the rest.
Unfortunately, yeah.

I still enjoy "watching" it off the side while I'm doing other stuff though.
The elevator episode stuck out among the later episodes actually. The writing/ what I'm assuming is improv was pretty tight. Even that episode, though, trod down into vulgar jokes and random crap. Cocaine pam was where I gave up really.
(19-07-2018, 07:21 PM)crzytrane Wrote: Unfortunately, yeah.

You reckon too? Maybe I need to re-watch in order. I think everything sort of blurs together for me. After Vice though I defs dropped off.