Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rimworld
Since this is an echo chamber, thought I might as well tell my favourite story from this run, too.

I was asked by another tribe to wipe out a bandit camp in the mountains to the north of my settlement. Since it was quite small, I agreed.

I sent two of my guys into drop-pods, loaded them up with two days worth of food, and shot them out over the mountains.

BAM! They landed on the outskirts of the bandit base. The base was a small building surrounded by sandbags. My two guys went over to a nearby rocky outpost, and opened fire. Thanks to my guys' strategic placement, the bandits couldn't get a hit on us at all. One bandit charged us, and was immediately shot dead. Another, cowering behind a sandbag was severaly wounded. Shortly after, a third bandit was shot dead. This was enough for the other two, who fled.

I examined the wounded bandit, and thought he'd make an OK addition to my base. I had recently lost two pawns to illnesses, and wanted a couple of extra bodies to bring my numbers back up.

I claimed the bandits' building, and found 9 beds inside. I made one into a hospital bed, and had one of my men tend to the bandit while the other harvested medicinal herbs. My men then chopped wood and walled off two beds, giving them a bedroom that wasn't part of the prison. After a day, the bandit could walk again. My men took all the dead bandits' food, and went back on foot, with their prisoner, on the long journey back to base.

As thanks for wiping out the base, the tribe that asked for help sent me a chess set made of pure silver. This set promptly replaced my shoddy wooden one.

When the caravan arrived back at base, the bandit was tossed into a prison cell, and was eventually converted into a team-member.

Now, whenever he plays chess, he knows that it was paid for by his clan-mates' blood. He knows which colony rules the rim.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(24-09-2018, 10:04 AM)Jargonion Wrote: Never has, never will. Tynan's on record about this.

Interesting. Whats their reason? Reckons the price is worth it and would like to sell it at that to make money properly?
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
It's a high-quality game with lots of work put into it, worth every cent.

If anything, I'd say it's about to get more expensive (with its full release).
Fair enough. Was on sale about 10 months ago though. End of last year. Hasn't happened at all this year.
Whaaaaaaat.

No, I just looked it up. As usual, you're wrong, and I'm right.
Steamdb wrong?
https://steamdb.info/app/294100/

Says 10 months ago it was $25 NZD.

hmm looks like im just reading price conversions wrong. Huh. As you were. Continue being right.
That would have been the base price, and it's increased since then.
1.0 is Out!