Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CALLING FOR TESTERS
Hi folks,

With all the character sheets finally worked out, it's time to begin the laborious task of balancing combat.

I need a team of 4 players to all get together with me, and run through some combats.

In this session, we will start off with a series of fresh characters, so I can get a feel for how my monster generation works in practice. We'll then all level up, and see how combat scales as levels increase. Finally, we'll test other miscellaneous cases.

As a bonus, anyone who participates in this testing will be allowed to start any game of Crystal Mage with the unique off-hand item the "Testistacle appendage", which gives (+3 Dex, 1 enc.).

In this session, I'll be tweaking a lot of stuff as we go until everything feels smooth. We will also be spawning in lots of gear and spells to try out lots of different scenarios.

Please, let me know below if you're interested. Once I get four people, we can work out a time to hash it all out.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
I sign up.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I can but depends on what day you want to do this as I work Sunday to Thursday
Count me in!
I'm free weeknights 8pm onwards. I am free weekends any time on arrangement.

Silentsun, works 7am ti 4pm Sunday to Thursday.

What's everyone else like?
Ok, I'm ready for another round of combat testing with 4 more testers.

Last round was excellent (for me, at least), and I think this time we'll get something more substantial. If this round goes well, all that's left is for me to figure the best way to implement spells for all players.

Additionally, I finally came up with a reason why anyone would want to play as a Shaman. The reason might even be too good.
Spoke with the lads last night. Might be able to get some together this arvo/evening for some testing?
Afternoon would be best, the sooner the better.