Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new year's resolutions
So the Taco and I talked movies we had watched recently and both said we haven't seen a lot, even over the coarse of the year. This lead into what shows we are watching, and again, not many.

This moved into shit Jargonion watches and recommends. If theres one thing that can be said about Jargonion, it's that hes rarely off the mark with anything he recommends you to watch. Most of my all time fav shows/movies come from him showing me first.

So this lead to the movie Fargo, as Ive been meaning to sit down and watch it for ages, and by extension the show which Jargon swears by and has wanted Taco and myself to watch.

So we've decided to both watch at the same time, starting with the movie, and then write about it on the forum.

So Taco, when do we line up the movie? It is on my Plex if needed. Then we can move onto the series.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
My new years resolution is to make more unkind comments on this forum.

Nah but in my head we were talking about the TV show, but I guess the movie is an easier commitment that I should be able to complete within the year

okay I quite clearly didn't read your post properly but also that wasn't one of my new years resolutions so expect that to be about as frequent as always
S2, Film, S1, S3 (With S3 being the best, but that is contentious).
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(02-01-2019, 05:24 PM)crispier taco Wrote: My new years resolution is to make more unkind comments on this forum.

You better.

I'll hold you to it regardless, we said we'd watch it.

(02-01-2019, 05:56 PM)Jargonion Wrote: S2, Film, S1, S3 (With S3 being the best, but that is contentious).

Is that the story order or you rating the what you like best?

In any case, start with the movie yeah?
(02-01-2019, 07:29 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote: Jargonion Wrote:
S2, Film, S1, S3 (With S3 being the best, but that is contentious).

Hey fucking read shit before replying arse(ass)hole
(02-01-2019, 07:29 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 05:56 PM)Jargonion Wrote: S2, Film, S1, S3 (With S3 being the best, but that is contentious).

This is my suggested watch order, but I just realised it is coincidentally the chronological order, too.

Every season is a fresh start, and has very little (almost nothing) to do with other seasons, or the film. You could realistically watch everything in any order, and it wouldn't matter.

As a reminder, because I know you didn't care at the time:

S1: Good story similar to the film. A man kills his wife, and an incarnation of the devil helps him get away with it. He then spends the rest of the season power tripping while the devil is unstoppable on his own mission.
S2: Set in the 70s, a mafia branch come into the small town and try to either buy-out or eliminate the local organised crime. The locals suffer the loss of their leader, and an internal struggle takes place at the same time. Meanwhile, a couple of bumpkins get caught up in the mix. This season has the best resolution to a climax ever.
S3: Two brothers feud over a stamp. One is a parole officer looking to marry his super hot parolee girlfriend, the other is rich and successful and gets caught up in a scheme he desperately wants out of. The antagonist is, himself, nonviolent, and just a phenomenal presence. Oh, yeah, there's some other boring nonsense happening with the cops, too.
Film: Some guy hires two criminals to kidnap his wife so he can get his rich father in law to pay the ransom. Things spiral out of control.

Every season, and the film, are slow and deliberate, but not really boring. They're not non-stop action, but I think are really good stories. S1 has the best straight story, S2 has the best characterisation, and S3 has the best villain (a point I will defend) and direction/cinematography. The film has Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
Movie then series it is. When should we watch the movie Taco?

Or wanna fall through on the whole thing now?
Nah let's commit to the Jargon order
nah fuck that. release order or bust. my OCD will kick in otherwise. If god wanted us to watch it out of release order then they would have started with season two.
I'm about halfway through season 2, but after that I'll return to the release order ae