Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wargroove gaaaaaames
Bug 
Hey all, Wargroove is out tomorrow!

If you like Advance Wars (old GBA series) then we finally have a game that brings that back which many have tried to promise for years!

Turn based strategy game with cool Commanding Officers (special powers basically), cool units, maps and more! Made by the guys who did Starbound which is interesting.

I've been waiting for a good modern take of Advance Wars for a long time and still play them on my GBA from time to time.

This game comes out on PC and Switch etc. tomorrow for the ok price of 30$ nzd. I pre ordered cause I'm a schmuck* and buy shit If I like the look of it. 

BONUS: crossplay day 1! I can play PC players etc. from my switch.

*Im going to a Mortgage Adviser on Thursday next week and man I just know im going to get torn apart about my typical young guy no-care-in-the-world spending. Shes gonna be all "wtf is Steam link and Sony Store Eur and why the fuck does it keep turning up almost everyday" "What the shit do you keep buying from Ebay" "Did you just buy Lego?** holy fuck you aint ever getting a house"

So yeah that will be fun.

**I just bought a sweet ass Lego set BRAND NEW AND SEALED cause I snipe me some good deals. Check it out its a fucking pirate ship:
[Image: lego-the-brick-bounty-set-70413-15-2.jpg]
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
So the game has been out for a couple days now, and I can confirm its pretty dam good.

Scratches my Advance Wars itch so well. Plus loads of good features to boot. You can create your own campagins and make cutsceens in this game! They give you all the tools.

So far people have remade the entire Advance Wars campaigns with these tools. I've been remaking a bunch of Advance Wars maps myself.

I'd recommend this game highly. They have lots of post launch support planned too.
Photo 
Here's two maps I'm working on in the map editor, one's 2P one's 3P. They need some balancing defs. The map editor is quite fun actually.

[Image: Wknb4uO.jpg]

[Image: 1KoC3Cs.jpg]
I like them!

More interested in the 3 player one as there are not enough 3 player maps. Flesh out what you want to do with all that space then it'll be good. Any ideas? Few more houses or some more trees to work though? Maybe an extra barrack or two to encourage some position holding/fighting.

The 2 player map looks dam good already. Good use of a wall too.
a new map I'm working on:

[Image: wiu9Kit.jpg]
So, I alt-f4'd wargroove after posting this and realised I never saved the map. god damnit

I wanted to make a 2v2 map since there's four of us in our playgroup atm. P1 and P4 are allied, and P2 P3, which is much better FTA avoidance than P1 P2 vs P3 P4 while keeping each team's turns together.
I still have to open up the map slightly, and there's no props on the map yet. The editor props are actually really limited, so it's either going to be flags or it's going to be flowers beautifying my map.
But first, I have to recreate the whole thing.

thinking about it again, it's way nicer to view maps landscape so I'm going to rotate it 90°
[Image: BxsN3Yz.png]

I'm happy to test this out now.
Looks good! lets play.
yep! hosting now. I want to play it a few times.
need a 4th and benji wants a break. Hey Tofu or $ilent$shill we need you....