Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Question Time 2019
Today (Tuesday, 12Feb2019) is this year's first New Zealand Question Time.

Will Jami-Lee Ross ask a wild question? Will Marama Davidson or other Green spokespeople ask hard questions of the coalition? Will Speaker Trevor sigh sadly as Gerry Brownlee whines about something trivial???

So excited can't wait, from 2pm today on parliament TV, or tune in here sometime for my barely coherent take on it all
okay I think the first day of question time may actually be tomorrow
[Image: JazGXPG.png]
I'll be on it in podcast format!
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
it was lol
[Image: 0Bec9YA.png]
So we got something (boring) from JLR, James Shaw and other Greens didn't say anything too wild, speaker Trevor almost forgot Simeon's name, not sure if we heard from Gerry at all?? On the whole pretty tame but I guess that's fine.

A focus on our relationship with China is interesting, and also boring (we got two questions about it)

The government is looking to merge all polytechs and trade institutions into some nationwide multi-tech (question seven) which sounds fun and sure to hit all sorts of roadbumps but on the face of it seems like a good idea... we'll see how it goes
no, it was lol
Man

Is this what I've been missing out on all this time

15mins in and its all just a load to me. So many words to say so few things.
Aight listened to it all. A lot of snickering and jab throwing almost all the time. Some interesting topics but boy did everyone just want to know when Jacinda and all her cronies were going to China.

Why did we have a sheep farm in Saudi Arabia (?) (was that the place?)
to. farm. sheep
(15-02-2019, 03:43 PM)NZs no.3 Wrote: boy did everyone just want to know when Jacinda and all her cronies were going to China.
National is using that line to insinuate that China doesn't like the government and all (perceived and real) issues between NZ and China are all the fault of Jacinda and Winston being bad diplomats.

To be fair, Phil Twyford's Chinese sounding name list of house owners, and most of Winston's career, are genuinely racist and China should take offence at it. I don't think that's the sort of shit China actually cares about though... they're more worried about fishing rights, Taiwan and trade