Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Games You've Completed 2017/18/19?
They've eliminated a lot of the original Pokemon from the game, I like that as it'll force you not to just go for your old favourites and relive the experience :) .

It's the first on the main console to so I wish they'd raised to the Breath of the wild level of change exploration and graphics. I like that they've added the 'Let go Pikachu/Eevee' style and you can see the Pokemon roaming and they'll change with seasons and time of the day.
I think it'll be much the same but refined they've added a lot of subtle changes. It's the first I've been excited for since silver on GBC. It might surprise you but if you've played all the games through you'll most likely have burn out from the series, I'm not sure that's the games fault. it's nice for dies hard fans to have development and new gameplay keeping the game play from getting too stale. At the same time you never please everyone, you'll get a group of people who just want a familiar experience with better graphics. They've recently lured old fans back with the 'Let's go' yellow remake so they'll have to appease that audiences too. It'll be planned and targeted at those with the buying power maybe the next will jump into a risk taking experimental game like BOTW? Capture fans, sell Switchs and then hit them with a risk taking game? They'll have to move quick once PS5 and Xbox release the next gen consoles (2020?) Nintendo will be competing heavily with these consoles might crush their snowball of momentum...
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
(25-07-2019, 12:01 PM)benswitch Wrote: It's the first on the main console to so I wish they'd raised to the Breath of the wild level of change exploration and graphics.

Yeah.... so does everyone else:

[Image: Pokemon-Sword-Shield-vs-Zelda-Tree.jpg]

[Image: bvgpi33z75531.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a...a58d06fca5]

Worse that BotW was designed to run on Wii U as well so could have looked much better and will next time around.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Haha yeah.... I really hope they improve the textures. I'm not a graphics whore but I expect more polish from a franchise that's so established and one that reels in so much money they'll sell around 5 million Switchs world wide when this game drops. I get it could be that Pokemon came from handhelds to a console (Even tho Switch is a handheld) but the team probably have less experience with the new limitations and coding for this system.
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
Okay so I was addicted to Dragon Quests Builders 2... Bigger game than I expected! I haven't finished it. As Fire Emblem has me now hooked it's interesting the took a page from Harry Potter with houses, being a professor and the school setting and page from personal with character relationship building. It's great so far, some frame rate issues running around the school but pretty highly polished game! I'd highly recommend it! I'm scared I'll never get back to DQB2, the games releasing are quality and releasing so fast.
I've beaten Fire Emblem I choose black eagles and found a hidden path to the alternate ending, I believe there are 4 endings. So 4x a 60 to 80 hour play through with new game plus(lots of replay value but I watched the alternate stories and ending on youtube but they didn't have the same impact as I hadn't spent the same time and going through the relationship and stories with their characters). Definitely one of my favourite games of this year and I'd highly recommend it if you're into the series or chess like elements of gameplay. A well woven story through the 3 houses with great character development. So many characters reveal why they are the way they are and this game has taken a page from Persona added Persona character development to the gameplay! Frame-rate issues in hub world are a bit of immersion break, feels like going back to dial up connection after a fibre...

Yooka Laylee! Now, I'd heard some pretty heavy criticism on this game (I'll expand in another thread). Yooka Laylee doesn't deserve it's hate, it's exactly what I'd dream of from the makers of Banjoo, same style of voices(or lack of), same font, same humour, same small levels, same style of gameplay, same visuals, a N64 filter, Bright beautiful fun world and characters. It's a great spiritual successor of the Banjoo series. This game is a solid retro 8/10 for me I started after F.E. and I've put 15 hours into it in 3 days...
I think I want to play the new fire emblem, but after Hollow Knight. I will commit to Hollow Knight finally.

Yeah ive heard mixed things about Yooka Laylee. I reckon once you are done you should watch this vid:

Yooka-laylee is apparently so bad that Dunkey did a serious review video of it. I can't tell if it's just not my kind of game, but it sure looks bad.
I'm interested in what you think about all the common complaints (lack of direction/ bad level design seem to be the main two), though even if you bring up great counterpoints I'm probably not going to buy it.
Yeah I hear A Hat In Time (https://store.steampowered.com/app/25323...t_in_Time/) is the true sorta spiritual successor to these sort of games, and achieved what Yooka Laylee didn't.
(14-08-2019, 08:35 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: Yeah I hear A Hat In Time (https://store.steampowered.com/app/25323...t_in_Time/) is the true sorta spiritual successor to these sort of games, and achieved what Yooka Laylee didn't.

Ahh I've been waiting so long for a decent sale for that game. I want to go on a big splurge and buy a bunch of single player games, but I'll probably never play any of them.
Yeah i got this one wish listed too. People rave about it. But so little time! Im yet to start Hollow Knight which ive meant to have played over a year ago.