Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Witcher 3
Aesthetically, they just look the best for me. Well Wolf and Bear school at least. They only made them because the designs are based off the original top armor-tier concept art:

[Image: the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_bear_armour_hq_b...2VEqCkc1Iw]
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Heard amazing things about this game!

I feel I should buy on PS4 for the best experience and cheaper. My inner Nintendo whore wants it on Switch tho... We'll see...

Quick question if you kept dying to the point of giving up... Why didn't you turn the difficulty down? (Seems logical)... What are you trying to prove you mad man! hahah!
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
(30-07-2019, 02:52 PM)benswitch Wrote: Quick question if you kept dying to the point of giving up... Why didn't you turn the difficulty down? (Seems logical)...

Cause hes a fucking weirdo. You should watch him play Botw. Just makes it hard on himself for no reason.

(30-07-2019, 02:52 PM)benswitch Wrote: My inner Nintendo whore wants it on Switch tho... We'll see...

Im going to get it again on Switch just because what a goddam feat getting it working on Switch and all jammed onto the one cartridge. Such a feat! Will own it just because of that. Witcher 3 in my pocket.
(30-07-2019, 02:52 PM)benswitch Wrote: Quick question if you kept dying to the point of giving up... Why didn't you turn the difficulty down? (Seems logical)... What are you trying to prove you mad man! hahah!

Modding the game to remove the ghouls, or turning on God-Mode would have been just as viable, but still would have felt just as much like cheating as turning down the difficiculty after I decided I wanted to play on Death March.
[Image: 0Bec9YA.png]
Depends on why you play games? Story, Challenge, Escape, Bragging rights, Boredom, we all have our reasons.

A simplistic view point using that compassion, as you could use a slightly less difficult setting(not just a walk through) and one more fitted to your skill set at that time (a lower challenge, not an un-challenging mode) as you had to abandoned the game(the alternate argument is why not make it harder, so only a 1 in a million can complete it? Or less. Our subjective views of fun). It was too hard or at least the beginning is(maybe the game design needs adjustments at the start, reminds me of games that aren't hard but don't tell you where or what your next objective is. It's liberating but you can spend hours mindlessly overthinking and going on a unintended journey haha)?

Can you adjust difficulty through out the game? If it were your first time playing, you (not you specifically) are still learning mechanics, timing with animations, enemy movements and actions. If you scaffold this part to learn at a slightly easier level then and then restart with a great understanding having scaffold-ed the understanding of game-play you would progressed in instead of hitting a wall.

Credit to you, in the end you came back and conquered. The first time you played on steam was in on the hardest setting or normal(I'll assume the easy setting aren't an option for you champ haha!)? Could you not get into it on PC because of lack of challenge? too much challenge? Emotional state of mind, too tired? Just didn't click? Over hyped?

I personally don't care about difficulty setting too much(maybe if I want a fresh take on a favourite game), as long as the game makes me work a little and doesn't break the game. I play so many games(or it feels like I do) that I want to get through as many as I can whilst enjoying them. I'm with you, if I'm not clicking with a game I'll drop it as I feel like I'm wasting time on something I won't enjoy. Some games you just need to push past this and then they end up great(makes you really appreciate great game design! When a tutorial doesn't feel like a tutorial). Story often drives me through a game, BOTW was different tho great game design exploration drove me.
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
tl;dr

I was quite explicit that I decided only to play on the hardest difficulty in my first post.
Gotta get those cheevos
Gotta play that meta game aye?
I would like to apologise.

I have been very short lately, and grumpy for particular reason. I think I am temporarily mentally unbalanced. I was unnecessarily rude.
If it was out of Geralt, Eskel, and Lambert, who would you bang?