Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collector Editions - Do you keep boxed or display them?
I used to avoid collectors edition because it drove me crazy not having all the items neatly displayed in with the rest of my games a bit like platinum/players choice versions where the spines just don't match.

I've now been bitten buy the bug and for my favourite games I try get the Collectors Edition in appreciation of the game. Now displaying them has changed with limited space.

So do you keep them in the box and display the box after beating the game or do you spread items out and show case them? It's really not important but it's defiantly something I question as otherwise why buy them?
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
Definitely seen this sort of behaviour with our Admin's playstation cabinets and people who collect those bobblehead characters and it's kinda nice to see but I have never understood it. The closest thing I have are AoE2 build orders written on scrap paper on a pinboard of receipts

all games are digital copies
Yeah it doesn't make any real sense... It's a bit of a blackhole.

The Pop Funko items I don't understand because they're not playable, but I guess it's the same collection and hoarder problem. Hunting for rare items and cheap deals is part of the fun. I've meet so many people through the gaming community haha even Jordan!

I could play many if my games free on hacked systems, Everdrives and emulation. I do love the nostalgia, beautiful art books with concept art and physical content. Popping a cartridge in a system just feels better, picking out what you'll play, the whole process adds to the experience(mind you retro pi quick saves are amazing).

Buying digital is so convenient but if you want to sell items later your better of selling physicals digital downloads don't add any value to the system when selling. This is the justification I sell myself... as I won't sell them anytime in the near future.

Displays can look nice I just hate the idea of losing pieces here and there then they end up incomplete and space consumed there's no way I can display them all it'll have to be selective anyway.
From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. All inequalities are a form of bondage so to truly enjoy this life you must get kinky
(01-08-2019, 01:56 PM)taco Wrote: Definitely seen this sort of behaviour with our Admin's playstation cabinets
Yeah wait till you see benswitch's room then. Mines all confined to a cabinet at least :P

(01-08-2019, 02:17 PM)benswitch Wrote: The Pop Funko items I don't understand

I totally understand it, but why. They are terrible quality, and way over priced for what you get. I do have similar, but they are much smaller and way better quality by a different company. Never thought I would be the one to buy a little figurine but they compliment by cabinet and i buy them based on whats on display (PlayStation characters on the PlayStation shelf, etc.)

In our case its the thrill of collecting. I do buy some special editions of games, but not as much as I used too. These says they are more often than not just full of useless crap you don't need that puts up the price. I don't mind the occasional collectors though if I like what I see.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Like I get the funko idea but it's not hardware more just like figurines collecting but to be fair the variety is great if there were a character from a franchise I loved I might get it but..... I'd snowball here again and buy way too many.

The thrill of collecting is great I do get burn out tho... I get so tired of going to op shops and finding nothing or see them slowly raising the price like ps1, ps2 ps3 xbox and 360 games used to be like 2 bucks each now they're 5 each some are worth way more but most aren't really. Makes a good score really nice, facebook market place is good but you've got to be fast!
Arrol is trying to sell me special edition Dark Souls 2 right now.

I was all, can i have this game.

Hes like sure, also buy this gameboy and this DS2 collectors edition.

Robbing me.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Hahah I love Arrol! Champ!