Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slay the spire
Is good shit. I unlocked all 3 characters so far, and with the poison bitch lady I made it to the city. This would be great on Switch to have portable.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
I've only made it to ascensio 9 so far :(
[Image: 0Bec9YA.png]
idk what that is and I may never know.

I like the poison character. Using her cards to stack more energy to use more cards and spam lots of poison attacks is great. Gonna play her some more today.

Turns out it is on PS4/Switch, but not $12 so I will wait.
Q: the cards you unlock in a run, do they just get added the pool of items to run into for next time?
Do you always start with a deck of 10 cards?
How many levels are there? (starting area, city, ???, ???)
(12-08-2019, 08:01 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: Q: the cards you unlock in a run, do they just get added the pool of items to run into for next time?
Do you always start with a deck of 10 cards?
How many levels are there? (starting area, city, ???, ???)

Unlocked cards get added into the pool next game. There are three tiers of cards: common, uncommon, and rare (grey, blue, gold), and those cards appear as such.

You always start with the same deck. However, if you beat a boss on the previous run, Neow (the whale) offers different starting options. Some of these options let you remove/upgrade/chose a new card before you start.
There are three levels, then the actual boss. To get to the actual boss, you need to get three pieces of a key through your run. Key pieces are unlocked by finishing your first run with each character.
[Image: 0Bec9YA.png]
sounds good. please teach me your ways
New record, end boss of the City area!

[Image: hvF0IT0.jpg]

"You got this kiddo"

30 seconds after he leaves the call...........

[Image: Ce8RW3S.jpg]

[Image: xsmHzn4.jpg]

I made bad decisions when you left.
Tofu was playing that shitty graphics version of this a few years ago right?
with this and Dicey Dungeons it does seem like this weird rng sub-genre is getting popular.
Dice Dungeons looks cool! But thats a weak af launch. Hopefully it catches on. Got fuck all reviews (although they are all positive). Slay the Spire was in early access for a year or so, but has really blown up now. 30k+ reviews. Sold a few mill, so good on em.

Yeah its really fun! good mash up. Rng card based rouge like dungeon crawling.

Yeah the one tofu was playing hard cards drawn by his kids. I don't know how similar it is to slay the spire tho.
(14-08-2019, 08:32 AM)NZs no.3 Wrote: Yeah the one tofu was playing hard cards drawn by his kids. I don't know how similar it is to slay the spire tho.

they're both deck-building rogue-likes right? That for me puts them in the "pretty fucking similar" category.