Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Guide] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

THIS THREAD IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Current Progress
   55%

Peace amongst men living alongside one another is not a natural state.
On the contrary, the natrual state of man is that of war.
War manifested not only by open hostilities,
but also by the constant threat of hostility.
Peace, therefore, is a state that must be established by law.

- Immanuel Kant, "Perpetual Peace" Chapter 2

What is Peace Walker?
Peace Walker is the 5th Metal Gear game to be completely written, directed, produced, and designed by series creator Hide Kojima. It is personally one of my most favorite games. It is available for PSP, PS Vita (emulating the original PSP game), and for PS3 and Xbox 360 as part of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection.

This thread is dedicated to all things Peace Walker. I will try to cover as many of the things I can within the game, and this thread will be able to be used for a guide for things like weapons etc. I have this thread on a few fourms, but never found the time or motivation to finish it. Hopefully posting it on my own forum will give me the drive to finish it up.

Enjoy!

MOTHER BASE

One of the main things I love about Peace Walker is the concept of Mother Base. Mother Base is an offshore plant in the Caribbean Sea and home to MFS (Militaires Sans Frontieres, French for "Soldiers without borders"). It covers everything from staff living quaters to where you develop weapons and items plus recruit people for missions. As MSF grows, so will Mother Base.

As shown above the more people you recruit helps Mother Base to grow, allowing for development of new weapons and equipment, which in turn can be used to more effectively complete missions.

Within Mother Base you have the following (or eventually will have the following):

- Delivery: Receive gifts from other players and make gifts of your own.

- Outer Ops: Send a Combat Unit to a conflict zone in need.

- Recruit: Search for and access a wireless LAN access point to recruit new staff.

- R&D: Research and develop weapons and items.

- Staff: View roster and form teams(combat, mess hall, R&D, medical etc).

- Versus Ops: Kick your friends asses in good ol' head to head combat fun.

- Metal Gear: Develop Metal Gear ZEKE

- Database: View Mother Base and Player data.

- Trade: Trade staff with other players.

The more missions you do, the more Mother Base will grow. It will start off small, but the more you keep expanding, researching, developing and recruiting the bigger and bigger it will get.

I will use my own mother base as an example:

RECRUITING

Recruitng on MGS Peace Walker pretty much requires for you to search for a local access point, and if the game finds one, you then have a chance of picking up an entrance exam to recruit new members.

Go solo or as i like to do, bring a buddy and Coop it out. The "entrance exam" isnt like any entance exam you are probably thinking of. Basically, you beat the living shit out of whoever stands in front of you into submission.

E.g.

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT

The following is a complete list of all the weapons and items in MGS Peace Walker. This includes information of the necessary requirements that need to be met to rank up weapons and information on where and how to obtain specs for weapons and items.

List of all Weapons:

List of all Items

CODENAMES

Based on your own unique style of gameplay determines the codename you will be given on Peace Walker.
E.g.

Each codename has an eqivilant leathal and non-leathal version, plus a co-ops version.

List of codenames

Foxhound - Use all weapons in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Fox - Use all weapons in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Doberman - Use all weapons in co-op missions. Lethal force.

Hound - Use all weapons in solo missions. Lethal force.

Ant - Use short ranged weapons in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Butterfly - Use short ranged weapons in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Bee - Use short ranged weapons in co-op missions. Lethal force.

Scorpion - Use short ranged weapons in solo missions. Lethal force.

Deer - Use medium ranged weapons in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Cat - Use medium ranged weapons in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Wolf - Use medium ranged weapons in co-op missions. Lethal force.

Puma - Use medium ranged weapons in solo missions. Lethal force.

Gull - Use long ranged weapons in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Sparrow - Use long ranged weapons in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Raven - Use long ranged weapons in co-op missions. Lethal force.

Hawk - Use long ranged weapons in solo missions. Lethal force.

Whale - Use explosive weapons in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Octopus - Use explosive weapons in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Piranha - Use explosive weapons in co-op missions. Lethal force.

Orca - Use explosive weapons in solo missions. Lethal force.

Kangaroo - Use CQC in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Bear - Use CQC in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

Firefly - Use stun rods in co-op missions. Non-lethal force.

Eel - Use stun rods in solo missions. Non-lethal force.

The following is a guide on how to earn codenames and a detailed explanation on how the codename system works.

The guide is not my own work:

KuSaNaG1 Wrote:Since the Insignia Miniguide got locked, I just thought I'd create a similar thread on Codenames with tips on how to get them. Credits to noeso for the original thread, the Japanese guy who created the very informative site (http://www28.atwiki.jp/2chmgspw/pages/32.html), off which I got all of these information from, DemonReacher and Mr_Big_Boss for creating new saves to test out some of the theories. I'll structure this guide similar to the Japanese wiki site so you can reference this to that, since this is more or less an accurate translation of that page.

And i thank you Kusanagi for your guide based off another guide... i shall put it to good use.

Here are some more example of some Obtained Codenames, some of which are mine and others are friends codenames:

BUILDING ZEKE

One of the awesome things about MGS: PW is you have the opportunity to build your own Metal Gear. *Brain fart* section needs to be finished.

THREAD STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps

Goddam this thread needs a complete overhaul, but I am lazy and don't dedicate any time to it.

Minor update though: I added a video with a walkthrough of my Mother Base. 300+ hours worth of work.

You have to have some serious dedication if you're making a walkthrough for Peace-Walker, lol.

(27-08-2015, 11:02 AM)Rogue Wrote: You have to have some serious dedication if you're making a walkthrough for Peace-Walker, lol.

I pretty much have all the information, its just getting on here and creating a nice layout.

I was actually planning to do a brief level-by-level walkthrough before MGSV was out, but alas Witcher took up all my free gaming time of the last two weeks.

Also I love this game to death if you can't tell. 300+ hours and every hour was worth it.

(27-08-2015, 11:05 AM)AdminGG Wrote:
(27-08-2015, 11:02 AM)Rogue Wrote: You have to have some serious dedication if you're making a walkthrough for Peace-Walker, lol.

I pretty much have all the information, its just getting on here and creating a nice layout.

I was actually planning to do a brief level-by-level walkthrough before MGSV was out, but alas Witcher took up all my free gaming time of the last two weeks.

Also I love this game to death if you can't tell. 300+ hours and every hour was worth it.

Wow. I have not played Peace Walker, but I heard that it was the most boring and largest grind fest out of any MGS? I assumed people didn't like it.

(27-08-2015, 11:06 AM)Rogue Wrote:
(27-08-2015, 11:05 AM)AdminGG Wrote:

Wow. I have not played Peace Walker, but I heard that it was the most boring and largest grind fest out of any MGS? I assumed people didn't like it.

Hmm depends what sorta group of people you heard that from. I personally have never heard much negative feedback about it, and it's definitely regarded as one of the best MGS games to date.

MGSV is going to be Peace Walker 2.0 so I can't wait.

There is the grind for those who want to obtain absolutely everything and prove they are the best. So if you are grinding it'll be because you love it, but its not necessary by any stretch of the imagination.

And if you are not grinding and just playing the game itself, it's a complete Tour De Force and I can't think of anything boring about it. It's a really solid action/stealth/shooter.