Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching right now?
(10-06-2014, 02:05 AM)Selegraphon Wrote:
(07-05-2014, 11:10 AM)pythagean Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 04:22 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote: I actually don't know what to watch next. I have so much stuff to get through.

I can quite confidently recommend that you start watching Game of Thrones as soon as possible.

I am also confident in this recommendation. I've just started re-watching from the start again, and now I actually know what's going on!

I'm planning on a full re-watch soon too. After I finish the last book, which should only be another few weeks. I'm going to need something to keep me sane with no new content coming out for at a year....
Being sick for the weekend and later half of last week I had some time to knock out a few things I've been wanting to watch.

Firstly I watched the whole season 3 of Avatar: Legend of Korra in one day, and absolutely loved it. The first series is one of my all time favorite TV shows, and up to this point I wasn't finding myself that interested in this story for the first two seasons. But I have to say, this season may have been one of the best seasons of any Avatar series. It told a really interesting story, touched on some darker themes, and the action scenes looked so amazing. The choreography of some of the epic fight scenes matched the final few episodes of the first series. If anyone watched Avatar: The Last Airbender series I would recommend giving this a try.

Secondly I got about halfway through a Netflix series called Bojack Horseman. This plot synopsis from Wikipedia should give a general idea of the story of the series:
Quote:The series is set in a world where humans and anthropomorphic animals live side by side, specifically focusing on the life of washed-up fictional 1990s sitcom Horsin' Around star BoJack Horseman as he plans his big return to celebrity relevance with a tell-all biography that he dictates to his ghostwriter Diane Nguyen.
Will Arnett and Aaron Paul both do voices for the show, as well as help produce. I will post more once I finish the series, but I am enjoying it so far.

I also watched the new Godzilla movie, which was pretty good.
Pythagean Wrote:Secondly I got about halfway through a Netflix series called Bojack Horseman.
Will Arnett and Aaron Paul both do voices for the show, as well as help produce. I will post more once I finish the series, but I am enjoying it so far.

Went and downloaded this as you mentioned it a couple of times. Only seen the first ep. No chuckles out of me yet but I did enjoy it, voices are good.

Pythagean Wrote:I also watched the new Godzilla movie, which was pretty good.

Ha I also saw this yesterday (admittedly I was using the skip button alot). I thought it was ok/10.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
(07-10-2014, 01:16 PM)Grey Ghost Wrote:
Pythagean Wrote:Secondly I got about halfway through a Netflix series called Bojack Horseman.

Went and downloaded this as you mentioned it a couple of times. Only seen the first ep. No chuckles out of me yet but I did enjoy it, voices are good.

Yeah it does have its funny moments, but it actually gets to be more of a serious show around episode 5 or so. More of a study of his character, his back story and his motivations.
Lately I've been watching a couple of new shows:

Orange is the New Black
"The story of Piper Chapman, a woman in her thirties who is sentenced to fifteen months in prison after being convicted of a decade-old crime of transporting money for her drug-dealing girlfriend."

After signing up to Netflix and conveniently having a night free, I watched 4 episodes of Orange is the New Black. I've heard good things about this series so decided to give it a go. Looking good so far, interesting setting/characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing where they go with it.

The Last Man on Earth
"A new single-camera comedy about the life and adventures of the last man on earth. PHIL MILLER (Forte) was once just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job at the bank - now he's humanity's last hope. Will he ever find another person alive on the planet? Would hoping that she is a female be asking too much?"

Currently airing it's first season, I decided to pick up this show after randomly watching the first episode. It's been years since I watched a show right from it's beginning and I'm really enjoying this so far. Will Forte is hilarious in it, and even though it's still early, I hope to see this around for a while to come.

Anyone else seen either of these shows or are watching something new?
Just started watching Vikings , any one else seen it ? it's pretty brutal. What do you think ?

I've been watching Heroes.

The pacing starts off terrible, and I hate how they keep jumping between one of the dozen main characters. They got their shit together i nthe mid-late season, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the season ends.
[Image: Nsi2Ruz.png]
(11-05-2015, 05:58 PM)Dun Wrote: Just started watching Vikings , any one else seen it ? it's pretty brutal. What do you think ?

I've heard a lot of good things about Vikings but haven't got around to watching it yet. I'll be looking to watch something else after Game of Thrones finishes airing and I finish Orange is the New Black so I might give it a go.

(11-05-2015, 07:22 PM)Jargonion Wrote: I've been watching Heroes.

The pacing starts off terrible, and I hate how they keep jumping between one of the dozen main characters. They got their shit together i nthe mid-late season, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the season ends.

Loved the first season when it came out, had some very interesting ideas plus it was around before the market was saturated with superhero movies. Yes there were problems with trying to introduce to many characters at once (which in all honestly gets even worse in later seasons.)
(11-05-2015, 05:58 PM)Dun Wrote: Just started watching Vikings , any one else seen it ? it's pretty brutal. What do you think ?

I keep hearing things, and I have it all. Might have to start watching it.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
Quick wrap up of a couple of movies I've been to see in the last 2 weeks.

Jurassic World
I really liked this movie, it definitely bought back the feeling of seeing the original all those years ago. John Williams absolutely nailed the soundtrack again, got chills at several parts of the movie. At points it did seem like the main point of the movie was to show us dinousaurs fighting each other, although I am totally ok with that. Huge, huge number of easter eggs and callbacks to the original movie which was awesome.

Inside Out
This is Pixar at their absolute best, although I only saw this last night I'm pretty sure this is going to make it's way into my top 4 or 5 Pixar movies. It's been several years since they released an non-sequel which was up to their quality (Brave was their last original and it was pretty forgettable, which makes Up (2009) their last successful movie set in a new world). Inside Out is definitely on par with the best Pixar has to offer.

Some spoilers below for the movie

Show ContentSpoiler: