Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
look what I bought!!
Rainbow 
finally bought a hard copy of my most played game of the year - animal shogi.

this thing is huger than I expected. (each piece is 4cm^2)

the pieces are wooden and very colourful, it gives off exactly the same impression as the app. going to play some matches against some 6 year olds next week. and get paid doing it. fuck you all.
Animal shogi? That doesn't look like a lot of pieces for what I know to be Chinese Chess essentially.

Going to bring it back so we can play it? Getting paid to play and beat 6 year olds at Shogi sounds like a good day.
Liams Wrote:make a car out of scrap metal from genie lamps
i love it
[Image: afg7SB6.png]
4 pieces per person, board is a 4 by 3. its for getting people into shogi if they're intimidated by the japanese characters or number of pieces. I love the game despite its flaws, will definitely bring it back with me.
(07-07-2018, 04:41 PM)████ Wrote: 4 pieces per person, board is a 4 by 3. its for getting people into shogi if they're intimidated by the japanese characters or number of pieces. I love the game despite its flaws, will definitely bring it back with me.

Oh sweet. Do you know how to play proper Shogi too? Can I put in a request for you to bring back a shogi board with you?
fun fact, you can buy a full 9x9 board in the same style and it has guinea pigs and cats etc.
you can also buy training sets which have the eligible move indicators on the pieces but have kanji on them. idk if you've played before but it can take a while to learn the appearance and moveset of golds/silvers/horses if you're new.

I went to a national shogi building in Tokyo and a full set of pieces was crazy expensive, I think they were done by expert calligraphers or something..
(08-07-2018, 07:35 PM)████ Wrote: I went to a national shogi building in Tokyo and a full set of pieces was crazy expensive, I think they were done by expert calligraphers or something..

Sounds about right. How expensive were they though?
1000's for the fancy ones.